1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bruce Carter will be better than Lee by next season's end

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Joshmil53, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,182 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    2013 will be the better year for the Dallas Cowboys. I hate the "next year's contenders/champions" but thats just how it is with this team. Hopefully by then we have a new offensive coordinator.
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    You implied that Lee is doing the thinking for Carter, as if Carter is just some dumb drone being controlled remotely by Lee on the sidelines. Lee may have helped him, but Carter can think and react for himself.
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    We need a safety. Unless we want to keep getting murdered by the deep pass for another year. How many years has that been our glaring weakness on D?
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I didn't mean for it to be interpreted like that, I'm not trying to say Carter is dumb.
  5. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,138 Messages
    248 Likes Received

My boy Bruce Charter is a complete monster. I remember when we drafted him a few people were disappointed because he wasn't that big of a name and I remember saying be patient with him... I watched him A LOT in college since i'm a big Tarheel fan and now he is paying dividends!!

Go Heels!
    Go 'Boys!
  6. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    I was like damn!!!
  7. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Going from James and Brooking to our current crop of ILBs is like going from (insert) to (insert). It's night and day and a big reason for our improvement defensively especially against the run and interior/short pass.
  8. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,972 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    I heard the same thing the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before, and the year before.
  9. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,182 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I know, its sad we have to resort to that.
  10. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    It's either that or give up watching them, and I can't do that.
  11. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,009 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    No problem, and I apologize if I interpreted it wrong.
  12. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,431 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    Smith.

Murray if he could stay healthy.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    You know, with Carter, Lee and now the addition of Sims, I am starting to seriously think that we could move to a 43 very easily.

They are all perfect for that defense. Carter was unbelievable last night and we all know what Lee is. I am very, very happy with what I've seen thus far from Sims as well. We could really have something here. If we did go to a 43, that would allow us to move Ware to DE, get Rat and Brent in at DT at the same time and probably a better fit for Spencer at DE as well, should we decide to keep him. I think it would also allow us to extend Rat's career a little bit as well.
  14. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,723 Messages
    627 Likes Received
    If we as fans have anything to be encouraged about as far as this team is concerned following last night, he is it.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,459 Messages
    1,652 Likes Received
    Unless the quality of coaching drastically goes down in the NFL or ours drastically goes up then it's just going to be the same ole same ole for the Cowboys.
  16. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,098 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Sean Lee is the only real leader we have on this team, including players and coaches. Collinsworth talked about Carter telling him how Lee was so crucial to his development when they worked out together because Lee would make Carter recite word for word all the plays and lingo so he'd know the ILB position front and back.

Compare that to the circus on offense, six years with the same QB/coordinator, and Romo with the same receivers for 3-4 years now and no one seems to get it or even care.

You can't underestimate leadership and intangibles.
  17. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,026 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    I don't think it's a knock. Not even close. He's just saying how great Carter will be.

Because right now if Lee isn't a top 5-10 Linebacker in the league, he damn sure plays like it.

So to say Carter will be better than Lee, is just saying he could very well be the best in this league.... top 3 maybe
  18. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,322 Messages
    155 Likes Received

The only thing, that makes sense, is the Tampa 2. Pretty much look at what the Bears do, and it looks like Dallas might have the same personal.
  19. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,419 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Eh I disagree.
  20. dhaber

dhaber Member

55 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I know some will think I'm crazy but he reminds me a little of Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson just a little bigger. Comments?