1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bruce "Hurricane" Carter

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Awakened, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

791 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Have you noticed that when Bruce "Hurricane" Carter tackles somebody they just crumble? Dude is a beast. On two different occasions tonight, a guy he was coming at just collapsed to the ground. I'm really excited about this guy as potentially a GREAT football player.

The Cowboys have been mediocre for A LONG TIME, and their offense still is (as well as their play-calling). BUT their defense is on the verge of greatness. I may be wrong, but Carter looks like a potential All-Pro to me. Ware and Lee already are. Imagine how good we'd be this season if we still had Lee and Church. We're missing two of our most important players on defense, we've got guys whose names I don't even know yet playing in our secondary, and we're still doing quite well.

Players get better under Ryan. Claiborne will get better. Church will continue to get better. Spencer will continue to get better. And Carter might become the next Dick Butkus.

Jerry, get a top-notch safety to play back there with Church, keep the rest of the defense in tact, hang on to Rob Ryan, and you won't need a great offense.
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,561 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    He's so good. He's honestly playing as the best MLB in the league the past 2 weeks.
  3. nickjamesw43

nickjamesw43 Active Member

379 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I noticed this immediately even when he played special teams last year.

He's like the anti-Carpenter. Guys run into him and they go backwards.
  4. lane

lane The Chairman

10,565 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    bruce carter is a magnificent player.

i love him.

looks like a lion attacking hyenas out there man.
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,695 Messages
    1,061 Likes Received
    A couple of his tackles today were vicious. He just obliterated the RB. Dirt and grass flying everywhere. Their bodies just crumpled.

Made me chuckle.
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,796 Messages
    1,623 Likes Received
    Within two years, it is very possible he becomes our best linebacker. If him and Lee stay healthy, they will become the best duo in the league soon.
  7. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,121 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    So excited that these guys will be on the field together for years to come.
  8. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    His closing speed in pursuit is absolutely incredible.
  9. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

791 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Before Lee got hurt, I'd say they already were the best LB duo in the league.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,888 Messages
    7,317 Likes Received
    He runs like a deer. Just so quick sideline to sideline.
  11. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    The great thing about this is that nothing beats live experience. Next season with a fully healed Sean Lee, Bruce Lee will be sick! And if Sims re-signs as a backup (not knowing this for sure) it will be a great trio indeed.
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,170 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    No but what I did notice was that Carter pretty much erases the speed advantage Philly used to have in the middle of the field.
  13. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,162 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    His short area explosiveness is off the charts. He's able to focus on the target and explode thru it. I'd imagine had had some great combine numbers.
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,475 Messages
    4,435 Likes Received
    Ok so was I the only yelling, "Brrruuuucccceeee!!!!" ala Moose everytime he made a play...

Very exciting player to watch..
  15. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,380 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    But I thought he was just another injured project that was taken way too high... ??? Stupid Jerry and his staff! :rolleyes:
  16. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I might have been yelling "Cartah!" like the guy yells "RODGERS!" in the all state commercials.
  17. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

791 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    So what do you think of my nickname for him - Hurricane? Has anybody else called him this? Seems perfect to me.
  18. 808CowboyFan

808CowboyFan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And he and Lee haven't reached their full potential yet!
  19. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I am excited to see him and Lee on the field at the same time for a whole year.
  20. This is Our Year

This is Our Year Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike

1,396 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    By this time next year Bruce Lee will be the best MLB duo in the game no question; amd yes that does include Willis and Bowman