1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Brutal Fantasy Week Coming Up

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by masomenos, Oct 16, 2008.

1. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is my roster:

QB: Romo (Doubtful)
    RB: Turner (Bye), Addai (Out), Felix (Out), Hightower (Out), Slaton, McClain, Dunn
    WR: Marshall, Lloyd (Doubtful), Curtis (Bye), White (Bye), Matt Jones (Bye)
    TE: Gates
    D: Bucs
    K: Praeter

It's been a good season for me so far, but man, this week could be very rough. I also have Ryan Torain as a RB that I've been keeping on IR, I'm going to drop him and try to pick up Jeff Garcia in case Romo doesn't play. However, I still only have one WR unless Lloyd decides to man up, but with a bye week after this I bet he takes the extra rest.
  2. DT101

DT101 Member

332 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I got Romo, Lloyd, Jones, and Turner. Considering this is a must-win week for me, I'm not too happy
  3. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I'm actually happy with this week, my opponent has Turner, McNabb, Boldin, Breaston, and Eagles DEF on byes.

He has to start Heap, Duckett, & Gaffney :D

I got nobody on byes =)
  4. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was able to pick up Garcia by dropping Ryan Torain and now I'm trying to trade for Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson or Santonio Holmes to fill that emoty WR slot I have.
  5. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,220 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I traded Delhomme and Plaxico for Romo and Housmandzadeh...
  6. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Wow, that dude is an idiot....lol...good for you :D
  7. MrMom

MrMom Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    How'd it work out, Masomenos?
  8. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I took my second loss, 125-99. It's ok though, that put me in a three way tie for first. I won this week, one of the other guys won too and the other lost. So I'm in a two way tie for first and I beat the guy I'm tied with in our only match up.

I also traded Matt Jones and Tim Hightower for Roy Williams right before it was announced that he would most likely be suspended. I know it sounds kind of questionable but Jones and Hightower had one start between them up to this point for me and I was going to have to drop someone in order to pickup a WR anyways.
  9. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jones went off on sunday I think he appelled because he was supposed to be suspended
  10. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jones did have a great game Sunday and I probably would have started him if he were on my team. I actually played the person who I traded him to and he didn't start him, it cost him the match-up. Jones is appealing, but word is that the appeal will be denied which means he'll most likely miss the last couple of games this season, that's not a player I'd like to have once fantasy playoffs roll around haha.
  11. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea playoffs going to sweet hopefully...speaking of big games Gates was big on sunday.
  12. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As was Roddy White, those two players won my match up for me.
  13. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am wishing I had this guy on my team it's like Matt Ryan's only target and he can't be stopped!!!!!!1 Makes you wonder about TO BS season thus far