1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bryant's Unsportsman-like Conduct Penalty

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by danielofthesaints, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,079 Messages
    1,077 Likes Received
    Every team celebrates a score.

That means they aren't considering how to score the next one?

This is supposed to be entertainment. Some people take this all a bit too seriously.
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,184 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Celebrating is one thing. Throat slashing and salsa dancing another.
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,508 Messages
    1,280 Likes Received
    Marshall is that you??
  4. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,652 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    Did anyone who saw the gesture think it was actually a 'throat slash'?

I interpreted it as something completely different.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    I saw it and to me looked like a slashing motion across the throat.
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,737 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with salsa dancing but throat slashing is a violent gesture that shouldn't be part of any celebration which is why it's been banned.
  7. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,628 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    It's sissy stuff. Why flag that.These guys are hitting and fighting each other through a whole game. It's emotions. It hurts nobody.. What a joke.

While, I 100% completely agree that they should act like they have been there before. It's the way the NFL is. And, will be. I do not like it, but, to throw a flag for that is just lame.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,558 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    Reading Garrett's lips, it looked to me like he said 'I know, don't worry about it.' My guess is that Dez wasn't trying to do the vulgar throat-cut. It doesn't really matter, though. It was a dumb gesture to make, anyway.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,623 Messages
    3,347 Likes Received
    Can't and shouldn't do it.
  10. Ntegrase96

2,652 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    I just see it differently. I understand that the Ref has to call it because there's no subjectivity with things like this but a throat slash, IMO, is this...

This
    [IMG]
    This...
    [IMG]
    ...and this (in motion)

I just didn't see anything like the above with Bryant. But hey, maybe I saw wrong.
  11. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    Dez may have done it differently that the video you showed but he did it, I saw it, the ref saw it and the flag was thrown. Best I could say to Dez do your X and celebrate with your teammates just don't make that motion.
    Hook'em#11 likes this.
  12. Ntegrase96

2,652 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm not saying he should continue doing it or blaming the ref for making that call, because he had to. I just didn't interpret it as a 'throat slash'-- a figurative death threat, so to speak. Just wondering if I'm alone on that one.
  13. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    Myself I think the penalty is silly but it is what it is and I just hope our guys avoid it. It sure as heck is not worth 15 yards.
  14. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,369 Messages
    1,459 Likes Received
    It should've been called and it was. I'm also surprised he wasn't fined for the act as well, it's not a gesture to be taken lightly. You learn and move on though, hopefully he doesn't do it again because next time it could cost us big in a close game.

P.S. - Stick to your X Dez, it looks better, and it wont cost us 15 yard penalties.
  15. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,225 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Have guys forgotten OJ? That's why the NFL went all in on it.
  16. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,015 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    If the throat slash is a penalty than so should salsa dancing and Lambeau leaping. That just comes from my hatred for those teams though. Also I don't find the throat slash thing violent.
  17. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,628 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Hilarious.. All we hear about is "football, it's a violent sport, yack yack yack"..

Dude does a "throat slash".? Oh no,, can't do that. heheheheheh, It's comical.
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    No one is saying they support the rule, are they?

Just like no one is saying they support any of the other rules softening up the game.. just pointing out that it is in fact a rule so everyone should stop crying that he got called for it.
  19. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,737 Messages
    837 Likes Received
    The throat slash gesture sends a bad message which is why it's been banned. Players are not out there to kill one another.
  20. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Active Member

877 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    He probably got caught up in the moment and never thought about his actions. The No Fun League is certainly living up to it's reputation.