BTB:2011 NFL Draft: Rick Gosselin Releases His Top At Each Position

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 19, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,172 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    2011 NFL Draft: Rick Gosselin Releases His Top At Each Position
    by rabblerousr on Apr 19, 2011 3:00 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2011 Draft
    [IMG]

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...-gosselin-releases-top-ten-position#storyjump
    At the beginning of the month, the Dallas Morning News' Rick Gosselin posted his annual top five players at each position. At the time, I announced my unremitting respect for his work as a draft information guru. The primary reason for this, I noted, is that he doesn't watch film or grade players himself; rather, he has long-established connections to every NFL war-room, and has built up a lot of trust over his many years on the job. As a result, his stuff is a synthesis of what all teams are doing, so he's unlikely to give away any one team's rankings--and, by extension, their possible draft strategy. Consequently, he gets real information from teams, with less subterfuge and smokescreen than they give other pundits. In fact, I have heard reports of teams using his annual "top 100" list, which he releases a day or two before the draft, as a comparison tool to check their own boards against what the league thinks.
  2. StoneyBurk

StoneyBurk Member

288 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    And still there are people on this board that think they know more than him.
  3. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think anyone has made that claim
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

62,720 Messages
    14,861 Likes Received
    They are wrong.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched