1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB: 2011 NFL Draft Rumors: Conclusion Jumping To Cowboys Trade Up For Von Miller

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CCBoy, Apr 28, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,938 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    2011 NFL Draft Rumors: Conclusion Jumping To Cowboys Trade Up For Von Miller
    by KD Drummond

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/4/27/2136037/cowboys-draft-rumors-2011-trades#storyjump

The Cleveland Browns seem to be very serious about trading out of the number six spot, according to this report. Cleveland Plain Dealer's Tony Grossi hints that the Houston Texans are the interested party, pending Von Miller or Patrick Peterson being on the board. That would seem to hinge mostly on either Blaine Gabbert or AJ Green going top 5.

In yesterday's presser, owner Jerry Jones said that he believed that a quick turnaround isn't out of the question. He relayed a story of his college team at Arkansas. His junior year, the team was predicted to compete for a championship but went 5-5. He said they got one player, turned it around and went to an undefeteated national championship. Me reading Jerry speak sees him saying that there is a guy he thinks he can make a splash with and get. It can't be one of the four prospects they are targeting at 9 should that player not be within reach. I'm just seeing a trade up materializing here, Von Miller or Patrick Peterson. We definitely can offer a better package than Houston can.

I'm an advocate for trading back and gathering picks, but nothing in sports is more alluring than the bold stab at greatness. Well, that and the Cowboys cheerleaders. I'm starting to catch the bug that I'm sure is itching Jerry Jones right now. Plus. how can you not start to root for someone that says this when asked where he wants to go in Thursday's draft:
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,938 Messages
    1,245 Likes Received
    Please change the title of the post to:

BTB: 2011 NFL Draft Rumors: Conclusion Jumping To Cowboys Trade Up For Von Miller

It was dark and I struck the wrong key...and it posted up before I had the title corrected.