1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB: Are Cowboys Looking To Trade Down And Then Trade Up Again?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 19, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...t-strategy-trade-down-and-then-trade-up-again
    by One.Cool.Customer on Apr 19, 2012 2:30 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2012 Draft
    Apparently, the Cowboys are interested in Shea McClellin, but they'd probably have to move up from their second round pick to get him.
    [IMG]
    This morning, the following headline shouted down at me from the front page of the Dallas Morning News, "Stephen Jones: If right guy isn't there at 14, Cowboys prepared to trade down." In the brief article, Stephen Jones explains where the Cowboys stand regarding a possible trade down scenario: "I think you’ve got to be willing and able to make some good, quick decisions. If the right guy is there, a guy that has equal value to the 14 pick or better value, I would submit to you we pick away.

"I don’t think it’s probably in the cards this time that we move up. But if the right guy is not there for the value, we’ve got to be prepared to move down.’’

I'm not generally a proponent of trading down - unless you're trading down not because it gives you an extra pick per se, but because you could use that pick to trade back up again. Is that what the Cowboys could be looking to do?
  2. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,009 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    As much as I like DeCastro, I have been pimping this idea for a week or two now.