1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

BTB:BTB Talks Cowboys Draft With Drafttek, Part III: Defensive Options

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 20, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,173 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...view-with-drafttek-part-iii-defensive-options
    by rabblerousr on Apr 20, 2012 1:00 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2012 Draft
    Our three-part interview with Drafttek scout - and BTB member - Long Ball concludes with a look at the defensive side of the ball, which is likely to see a lot of action over the course of draft weekend.

BTB: We spent Part II looking at possible additions on offense. Today, let's jump over to the other side of the ball - and directly to the defensive line. The Cowboys are well-stocked with five techniques (3-4 defensive ends), but they are a moribund group at best, which is why some pundits are saying the Cowboys will spend their first round pick on a defensive lineman. What do you think of the "big uglies" that are likely to be under consideration at the fourteenth pick - Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox and Michael Brockers?

Long Ball: I wouldn’t spend #14 on Poe. He would be a trade-down target because I have gone back and re-graded his game tape at Memphis after his performance at the Combine and I still see an under-performer. His one sack came against that basketball powerhouse Austin Peay! He has a tendency to get too high and loses leverage. If you bring him in, he’s sharing snaps with Josh Brent; is that good utilization of a first half of the first round draft choice? I’m afraid of workout warriors, and if I’m going to be platooning NT’s, I'll do it by spending a later round draft choice.