1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB: BTB Talks The NFL Draft With Draftek, Part III: The Big Uglies

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 16, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    this is a great read zoners, look at what the guy says cowboys have been looking at, and some possible late rounders for cowboys on offensive line;

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011...ys-2011-nfl-draft-offesnive-linemen#storyjump

Longball: I have it from two dependable sources (one from USC) that the Cowboys have requested more game tape on Tyron Smith than any other team. He definitely has the highest ceiling and coming to the Combine at a chiseled 307, grabbing those weights with 11" hands and pressing 29 reps with 36-3/8" arms didn’t hurt his stock any. Second coming of Rayfield Wright (who was also a TE)??? We can only hope .

a scenario in which Dallas goes DE-OT in rounds one and two isn’t far-fetched. It that comes to pass, they’d need to find an offensive tackle in the second. Who do you think might fall into the 35-45 range?
    Longball: Marcus Cannon of TCU, Chris Hairston of Clemson, Marcus Gilbert of Florida.

BTB: Which of these guys would best fit the Cowboys’ system?
    Longball: Probably Marcus Gilbert – and I do know they have spent quite a bit of time scouting him.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,243 Messages
    4,572 Likes Received
    Good stuff...thanks for posting the links.

I like all of info on the lower round players.

Maybe we get lucky and get a steal later in the draft.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    The draft needs to get here damnit. I sick of all the speculation.
  4. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,527 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Man this sucks. I would hate drafting Gilbert in the 2nd to be our new starting RT.

I'm ok with going DE-OT or OT-DE I just hope we trade back from 9. I don't think any 3-4 DE or any OT in this draft is worth 9.

I like Watt and Jordan but 9 is to high for a 3-4 DE.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    if we cant trade up and get peterson or fairley, then i would rather trade down, get an extra 2nd or 3rd with a 5th to 7th rounder added, which could benefit us, especially if a 2nd mid rounder,
  6. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    yw buddy, i try to share cowboys info and draft stuff i find;
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Good stuff. I like the sounds of that farmboy
  8. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    totaly. This is just one of those stories that even if it was exagerated i just love and what makes the draft so fun. Absolutley priceless

There’s also a monster way out west in Old Abilene Town that might be a UDFA candidate to hide on the practice squad for a year or two: Trevis Turner (6’7", 335 lbs) of Abilene Christian. He has overpowered the competition at this small school and would need to be "coached up", but rumor has it that he was recruited while plowing behind a team of mules. The scout asked him directions to town and his hands never left the plow – he answered by picking up the plow and mules and using them to point the direction.
  9. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,893 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :laugh2: :lmao:
  10. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hard for me to take a guy seriously when he suggests that Dallas is gonna draft a guy to play LT and then move Free to RT.
  11. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    He is not the only one that has mentioned this. Several draft sites and mags have also.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,624 Likes Received
    Not with a rookie, but I can easily see them flopping their OTs next year if they end up with a mismatched set.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    If Smith developes as most think he will, it could very well happen in a couple of years.