1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Charlotte Jones-Anderson: "We Want People To Feel Like They Own A Part Of The Cowboys"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,176 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    This..in spades.

I never have understood the pole dancers.

A distraction from the field and presents an atmosphere of a nightclub.

You certainly don't see the TV cameras showing them much..

..thank goodness.

Where Jerrah and his wife and daughter came up with that is nuts.

I'm going to blame Larry Lacewell..

hes been the nexus of every bad decision the Jones make.
  2. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,176 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    This.

And of course the time Eli Manning wrote on the visitors locker room when they christened the new stadium with a resounding thud for the Cowboys.

Tom Jackson has always disliked the Cowboys..

and for good reason.

And what he says is always viable to me becuz he is always well thought out.

Having said that..

the 'brand' of the team is not about how much art you have in your stadium.

Its about the jewelry in your Trophy Case.

Ours is getting very old and very tarnished.

Jerrah need to take the trophies out of the case..

..put them on his desk..

turn off the phone and the computer..

..and absorb the culture the trophies represent.
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I have to ask. Have you ever been to the stadium?

the dancers are on the third level of the west end and nobody even knows they are there. I think the purpose they serve is to entertain the party pass people during pregame and after the game.

During the game I don't think I have ever even glanced over at them.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,052 Likes Received
    I agree with you re: their purpose. That Party Pass is insane. I could never do it. I don't have the temperament to stand in a crush of people like that.

Also, I don't believe they were at the Eagles game. I was sitting on that side of the stadium and nobody was on those stands.
  5. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    I'd gladly give up my part ownership if it means Jerry's gone and professionals are brought in to focus on FOOTBALL not selling a brand.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  6. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    What's funny is you could ask any fan, any city WHAT STADIUM HAS DANCERS IN IT THAT ARE NOT CHEERLEADERS & I bet almost everyone would know it was A T & T.

Jerry would love that.

That's what they are all about.
  7. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,149 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    So the 80,000 at the game don't see them???

Well the millions on TV sure do.

That whole stadium, .. pole dancers included, .. is like having the hottest looking race car, with the most chrome and the best paint job, .. the coolest wheels, and the engine rumbles and sounds the best at the starting line, ... but it sputters out at the end and you have to watch the other cars finish ahead of you as you come coasting across the line.

I would rather win the race in an ugly car. Maybe that's just me.
    pjtoadie, lane, visionary and 2 others like this.
  8. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    She doesn't have to worry about tarnishing the star! Daddy is doing just fine with that
    lane and BoysFan4ever like this.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I don't like the stadium at all to be clear I am just telling you I never look up at the spot where they dance it is just to my right.

So yes I never notice them and they don't really have any place during the game. I don't recall seeing them on the big screen either.

They do a pregame dance routine before the cheerleaders outside on the stages in front of the entrances and dance around outside in the party pass areas. I really think that is the only purpose.
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    nor could I.

I will say though I stood for the whole bengals preseason game this year. I always have sinus issues in august here and I was basically dizzy that whole day before I went to the game. the people who ended up sitting to the right of me smelled terrible...yes im being serious...they smelled horrible like bad food or something. It made me nauseous so I went and stood at the top of my section and it wasn't so bad.

but for a regular season game I cant imagine how frustrating it must be to not be able to move.
  11. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    I think the pole dancers are the farm team to the actual cheerleaders. Either that or cheerleader rejects. Not sure which. Nor do I care.
  12. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received

Not sure why anyone has issues with the go go dancers as if somehow that cheapens the game but has no issue with cheerleaders on the sidelines for just about every NFL team.
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    nah the cheerleaders are simply amazing looking. It sucks all humans didn't look like cowboys cheerleaders.

the dancers appear to just be dancers.
  14. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,341 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    Isn't Charlotte Jones's husband the guy who was cleaning Jerry's glasses? If thats what you ahve to do to own a part of the Cowboys then count me out...
    BigStar and BoysFan4ever like this.
  15. BoysFan4ever

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    They are just part of THE SHOW.
  16. BoysFan4ever

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    Yep.
  17. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,119 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    We believe they have evolved. Why exhaust resources into a winner when the profit margin remains the same or even increases? In a way, you could preserve your ego from the years of losing where effort was common by changing the source of the fuel for one's pride; winning was conquered/evolved by JJ's initial passion that made him successful: money and gambling now feed his ego. Not winning. .He would welcome wins, DEFINATELY, they are not necessary to remain intact unfortunately for us.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  18. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Yes. He used to run the desperadoes.
  19. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,517 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    Yep. That was her husband, Shy Anderson. It's funny how "viral" it became that he cleaned his father-in-law's glasses.
  20. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Part-owner would be nice, but I'm not that ambitious. I'd reluctantly settle for allowing us into the locker room right after the games when they're showering.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.