1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Claiborne has been a pleasant surprise

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Joshmil53, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    By Archie Barberio on Oct 6, 10:24p
    Tim Heitman-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
    Morris Claiborne might be a rookie cornerback adjusting to the NFL, but so far his development is ahead of schedule.

The Dallas Cowboys enter their bye week with a lot of uncertainty and a 2-2 record. With a quarter of the season gone, I wanted to take a closer look at one of the pleasant surprises on the Cowboys. While the sample size is small, the past four games have given us a clearer picture of what some of the players on the Dallas Cowboys are capable of.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...en-a-pleasant-surprise-for-the-dallas-cowboys
  2. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,436 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Great article.

Regardless of what happens this season as far as how the offensive line goes, I'm really glad we got Claiborne and Carr and wouldn't reverse those decisions for the world.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,389 Messages
    673 Likes Received
    I am not suprised. Look at the arson squad they trotted out there last year.
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Yep, Claiborne's been outstanding apart from the Hester pass. Carr got beat pretty badly Monday but he's still only allowing 42% of his passes.
  5. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we could go back and do it all over I wouldn't have signed Carr to that huge deal. I would've used that money to sign Carl Nicks. That would've made our offensive line so much better than it is right now. It just doesn't make sense to me to draft a corner and spend most of your money in free agency on one. Pick one not both. We had other areas we needed to address and we didn't. Now Carr has been terrific don't get me wrong as has Claiborne, but again how much of an impact are they gonna make if no one can get to the quarterback.
  6. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Then we would of had injury prone Jenkins/Oscan starting. I feel you, I do. I would of loved Nicks/Grubbs, but if it wasn't for Mara we probably could of got one of em.
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

2,784 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    I don't think Claiborne was entirely at fault on that play. It looked like Sensabaugh had deep middle responsibility and bit on the play action.