1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB: Cowboys 2012 Mock Draft: All Seven Rounds

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 18, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/4/17/2955598/full-7-round-cowboys-mock-draft
    by Archie Barberio on Apr 17, 2012 11:00 PM CDT in Dallas Cowboys 2012 Draft

Is Fletcher Cox the Cowboys man at 14?

[IMG]

Next Thursday evening, the 77th NFL Draft will take place at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. I just started working again (finally) almost three weeks ago, so the past few weeks have been a blur for me. This is one of my favorite times of the year as a writer and a fan of football, but towards the end of the draft season, I just cannot wait for the real draft to begin. Months of analyzing and breaking down prospects begin to take a toll on your mind, so I know I am thankful that the real thing is almost here.

This has been an interesting offseason leading up to the draft. The Cowboys arguably had one of their most productive offseasons in recent memory. Some holes have been filled, and the front office did a good job of acquiring talent for a reasonable price. However, there are a few needs that still remain.

The center issue was never resolved in free agency. I wouldn't say the team is done addressing the guard position even though they signed two of them. The defensive line still lacks a disruptive five technique. Even with the addition of Brandon Carr, the secondary still has some holes in it. You can never have enough pass rushers, and I consider adding another one a need. I love Raymond Radway, but his inexperience and injury push me in the direction of wanting another wide receiver on the depth chart.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,361 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    Thanks Joe.

I can't imagine that Cox would be there at 14. if he is, I could see us taking him.

Interesting Rd2 with RB Martin. He could be good and is powerful. Second round on a RB makes me nervous though.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,628 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    That would be one of the best possible drafts.

Cox, Martin, Broyles, Saulsberry, Johnson.

All Garrett's 'type'
  4. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,605 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    This is the first time in years we have had 5 picks in the first 4 rounds, and in this mock we come up with one starter with those picks.

Can't say I would be too happy with that at all.
  5. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,046 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I'm with you on this. BPA sure, but we need to draft some people that play the majority of their side of the ball during that 60 minutes. I'd rather have a Cyrus Gray in the 4th if we feel we need to draft a RB. I think Felix + Demarco is more than good enough. We need linemen.