1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: In The Film Room: How To Maximize James Hanna's Impact

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Jun 30, 2014.

1. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,477 Messages
    253 Likes Received
  2. scooper

scooper Benched

150 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I actually doubt Hanna makes the team. I think the team will want more of a run blocking 3rd te. Jmho
  3. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,106 Messages
    420 Likes Received
    Hanna won't be used properly until he gets on another team or Witten retires... Just saying
  4. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,910 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    based on his speed, size, etc. he should out produce Witten who had a slow 4.8 40..... but we all know its not about measurable. Hanna is not a very good route runner and his hands are average. he is a little too stiff to be able to run the route trees that witten or escobar can run. he is one (or two) trick pony, that when used right can give you a few plays here and there and that's not a negative......
  5. CowboysFaninDC

2,910 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    he is no where close to those guys. he is not a very good route runner and a little too stiff. his speed helped him in college, but in the pros, he is easily out matched. with that said, he can be a good weapon and give you a catch or two at the right time in games and that's enough....
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Safety was moving that way until Romo started to roll to his right. At that point, that WR is basically out of the play.

Not to mention the fact that it's a designed rollout/misdirection play. I don't think there was ever a time that ball was going to be thrown to the left.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Yet you think he can outproduce Witten?
  8. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,703 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    If Linehan can use Hanna the way he used Joseph Fauria in Detroit than we will have something. I think as far as third TE's go, he is solid.
  9. CowboysFaninDC

2,910 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    ? ok your response is confusing. ......I never said he can out produce witten.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,234 Likes Received
    Hanna is overthought by fans. He did very little at Oklahoma, much the same as here.

Escobar is the one I think suddenly becomes a huge contributor this year. He made some very nice plays last year, just too few of them. Watch him this season.
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    To say that and then say he wasn't in the class of Gronk/Hernandez just seemed odd.
  12. CowboysFaninDC

2,910 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    read the whole response. I think you have taken this out of context....the very next sentence says...."but its not just about measurable.".

people mentioning him along those guys and expecting the coaches to make filet out of pork rinds is unreasonable. in college, having measurable helps average players look good because they are just more athletic. in the pros, its not just about athleticism (speed, etc.). but about being a good football player, running routes, understanding the game, etc. That's what sets witten apart. Hanna is a below average TE, a one trick pony per se, with good straight ahead speed, not much route running. used in the right way he will give you some match up problems from game to game. but he is too inconsistent and too limited in other areas to be an everyday TE
  13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    I dont really disagree with your take on him, but to say he's not in the same class with guys like Hernandez/Gronk but say he SHOULD outproduce Witten doesn't really work. I think its just phrased awkwardly I guess.
  14. CowboysFaninDC

2,910 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    again...read the whole response.....I said

"based on his speed, size, etc. he should out produce Witten who had a slow 4.8 40..... but we all know its not about measurable. Hanna is not a very good route runner and his hands are average. he is a little too stiff to be able to run the route trees that witten or escobar can run...."

not too hard to understand!!!!. if it was about measurable, then every guy who did great in the combine would be a great NFL player and we all know that doesn't work.

not sure what point your are trying to make.
  15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    I get it, relax. Read my whole response...I said its just phrased awkwardly.