1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Jason Garrett's Post-Mini-Camp State Of The Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Jun 29, 2014.

1. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,637 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    So are you saying that Garrett should suck more in the PC department so that he can coach like Bellichek and Saban on the field... Not sure what the logic is here...
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out Jason is reading from a TelePrompTer script written by Micky that Jerry has to sign off on.
  3. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,714 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    why not? some time these pieces by their nature are inherently subjective.
    The reporter is simply giving his view on sizing up Garrett. He's saying
    Red's approach is systematic and correct way.

I know there are many who disagree with the reporters opinion and thats fine
    Garrett has to grow right along with his players you and others don't like that idea.
    I think he'll get a couple of more years also.
  4. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,637 Messages
    1,835 Likes Received
    What he is doing is using Jason Garrett's excuse making as some type of rationale that he has had some sort of plan and knows what he is doing.

He isn't doing any tinkering and Jerry Jones is bringing in coaches to save him from himself. This is utter BS.
    BigStar and Wolfpack like this.
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,376 Messages
    2,002 Likes Received
    Garrett homers bring this up again and again because all this guy can do is talk a good game

He did not say anything that every high school, college and NFL coach does not say to his players

The good ones are able to parlay that into actual tangible results
  6. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,313 Messages
    540 Likes Received
    Maybe he shouldn't need to come up on stage. All he needs to do is put together a 5 minute video on youtube talking about his team. Then have some college intern say to the media "here's a recording of Coach Garett. Thank you." He is so robotic and predictable that its just like watching the same video over and over again and knowing the outcome. Thus he should just save us some time and play for us a video and upload it on youtube.
  7. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,714 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    the tangible results are the players hustle wins will come
  8. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,873 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    It was just a press conference. You would think Garrett was running for office.
  9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,592 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    That rhetorical dryness only works when you're winning countless titles like Saban, Hoodie, and Greg Pop.

Garrett can't even make the playoffs, so it's almost insulting, IMO.

With a 23-point lead at halftime, and a tailback in DeMarco Murray who was averaging over 7 yards per carry, the Cowboys were in a perfect position to run over the Packers, eat up the clock, and maintain the lead. But that's not what Garrett did. Instead, he called 22 passing plays for Romo, and only eight runs for Murray.

Following something that mind boggling, you'd almost expect a coach to be humble, assume responsibility, and man-up.

What does he do?

Throws his franchise QB, that is the only reason this team has been competitive and ensured his job security for 3+ years - under the bus, as if Romo already doesn't get enough unnecessary criticism.

You learn a lot about a man in times like that. And Garrett showed exactly how he was cut.

Can't wait until the next manchurian coach comes in, because if I have to listen to a puppet make excuses every Sunday - I at least want it to be one that I don't loathe.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,485 Messages
    2,194 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett should get a couple of more seasons even if we don't make the playoffs because of the great culture he is building?

LMAO...........couldn't take anything else seriously
  11. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,496 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
  12. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

445 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I've heard this stuff for four years......

Enough is enough. It's time to see some of this garbage translate into something beneficial on the field, ya know, like winning football games and making the playoffs.
    Bullflop likes this.
  13. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    505 Likes Received
    Gosh -- it's rare to find anyone quite so capable of saying all the right things and yet be so unbearably boring in the process.

JG would surely do himself a huge favor if he avoided repeating the same old tired phrases each and every time he speaks.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,788 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    I like it that he handles the Dallas press the way he does. He gives them nothing and neutralizes the drama that otherwise seethes around this team. That's part of the job when you coach in Dallas. He's even got them editing the words they use when they ask questions. We're a far cry from the days of Calvin Watkins suggesting he could do a better job coaching the team to the head coach's face.

Don't understand why some of you guys have to pretend everything is a problem. Sometimes, the actual problems are enough guys. Really.
    pancakeman likes this.
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,199 Messages
    2,309 Likes Received
    He will do himself a favor is he can get this team producing and winning. Yes the message is always the same not mixed messages. People may not like what he says that is fine that is their opinion but his message to the players is steady it is not all over the place. He wants guys working hard everyday looking to improve everyday and he stays on topic.
  16. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,071 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Amen, Amen and Amen again. I've always liked JG's approach. I saw and see what he's trying to do. Winning football is not microwavable. It's time Jerry realizes this. Jason is a "90's-guy. He knows you need depth, continuity, passion for the game, strength in the trenches (on both sides) and youth. Jason knows what it takes ... he just needs to be allowed to work his plan. It may work it may not. Lets see at the end of 16.
    Idgit likes this.
  17. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,496 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Coaching 101: "Revolutionized":rolleyes:
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,907 Messages
    2,831 Likes Received
    So you think he needs three more years -- 6.5 years total -- to see if he deserves this job? :eek:
  19. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,199 Messages
    2,309 Likes Received
    seems she said lets see at the end of 16 games.
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,907 Messages
    2,831 Likes Received
    Ok. I thought she meant 2016. :confused: