1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: New Cowboys C/G Ryan Cook: "I’m Excited To Be A Dallas Cowboy

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,251 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    New Cowboys C/G Ryan Cook: "I’m Excited To Be A Dallas Cowboy
    by One.Cool.Customer

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/9/1/3285953/new-cowboys-c-g-ryan-cook-excited-to-be-a-cowboy

It's been a busy last couple of days for new Cowboys acquisition Ryan Cook. After playing the Cowboys on Wednesday this week, the Dolphins plane was stuck for a couple of hours at DFW airport after it clipped another plane's tail with its wing, forcing both planes out of service and prolonging the team's return. Dolphins player tweets indicate that some players arrived home as late/early as 8:00 am ET on Thursday morning.

Late on Thursday evening, the Cowboys traded for the offensive lineman, and Cook found himself back on a plane to Dallas on Friday, where he spent most of the day working to get acquainted with the new offense.

Today, he had his first practice with his new teammates and talked to the DFW media in the locker room afterwards. And as you'll see from the transcript of the interview after the break, Cook is excited to be in Dallas and is already working hard on learning the offense.

In his one year in Miami, Cook has played center almost exclusively for the Dolphins, but had experience in Minnesota at center, both guard positions and even right tackle. Under new coach Joe Philbin, the Dolphins are moving away from their previous power-blocking identity and becoming more of a zone-running team, and Ryan Cook found himself one of the odd men out in the new system...
  2. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,614 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    hope he does well.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,251 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    Me too. I'm putting this in the same arena as a signing of Kyle Kosier or Holland as to steady play from the player.
  4. Aliencowboy

Aliencowboy Active Member

611 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/408716

Ryan Cook was in on one series in the first quarter
    against Dallas. Looks like he can run block with some
    real power that we don't have at C/G.

Notice in the report that he is a high-character guy. I think
    he could take Costa's spot in a few weeks especially if
    Costa played like he did last year.