1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Report: Cowboys Will Not Challenge League On $10 Million Salary Cap Penalty

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 16, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Report: Cowboys Will Not Challenge League On $10 Million Salary Cap Penalty
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...ary-cap?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    by KD Drummond on Mar 16, 2012 11:00 AM CDT in Dallas Cowboys News
    After proving that there's more than one way to skin a cat, it appears that the Cowboys will simply move on from the $10 million penalty imposed on the franchise by the NFL's Management Council. Docked the figure due to violating unwritten code-of-conduct rules effectively "imposed" during the uncapped season of 2010, Dallas was considering a few options. They could have appealed the decision, or they could have taken their grievance the legal route; possibly opening up the league for collusion investigations.

The Dallas Cowboys are unlikely to challenge the NFL’s decision to cut the team’s salary cap space by $10 million over the next two seasons, a person familiar with the case said Thursday.

The person with knowledge of the case said Thursday that the Cowboys probably would do nothing but that the Redskins “might be considering some legal options.”
  2. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I think Jerry feels that would hinder us getting another super bowl awarded here if he did
  3. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,195 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    That or JJ's going to use this as leverage the next time he wants something from the commish.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,328 Messages
    1,645 Likes Received
    Or both . . . . . .
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    not surprised all that much. I really wanted Danny Boy and Jerruh to take the NFL into court on this; that would have scared the crap out of them and probably made them rescind the fine.
  6. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,403 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Is the Super Bowl ever going to Washington? What club does the league have on the Redskins to keep them from suing?
  7. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,553 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Smart move. $10 million is easily absorbed and won't be missed at all. Let Snyder fight it and if he wins, Dallas will win too and Jerry won't have spent a dime on lawyers.
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received

The Skins won't sue. At least, not immediately. They will spend until the reach the imposed cap limit and wait for the NFL to document, in writing, the rule that was broken. Then, they will let nature take it's course. I doubt that the NFL will do that.
  9. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thought the very same thing with Super Bowl L being something he will be wanting to go after in a big way.
  10. cowboy_ron

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Yea, Jerry probably figures losing 10M in monopoly money is a small price to pay for another SB at the palace...if the Skins sue and win it will be awarded back to us anyway without looking like the bad guy:)
  11. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,652 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I think he just bought another Super Bowl.
  12. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,403 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    The desire for revenge against Mara is strong.
  13. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    yet another, in a string of boneheaded moves, by Jerruh.

We may never know but did Dallas' free agency plans change because of this? Is it why they overpaid for mediocre guards instead of going for a Grubbs or Mathis?
  14. cowboy_ron

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :bang2:
  15. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,378 Messages
    351 Likes Received
  16. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    Is that you Matt Millen? The millman?
  17. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,435 Messages
    936 Likes Received
    PFT is saying the opposite. Who knows right now.
  18. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    My theory is, when it comes to things such as law suits you keep that behind closed doors. You don't go and tell people you are about to sue, it never works that way and can hurt your case. We will never know untill it happens. JJ and Stephen will be denying everything until a law suit does or does not come up. Don't you find it ironic that on the exact same day the cowboys and skins release similar statements? Both saying we did nothing wrong but are committed to the upcoming season as always.
  19. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    just about the same thing I just finished posting on another thread.

Cool heads prevail and logical thinking triumphed. The Cowboys are too smart to cut off their noses to spite their faces. I'm sure the Deadskins will follow also.

As I also said on that same thread: NY is going to want another SB in the future. They're going to need the support of Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder who are still very influential.

" forgive, but not forget "..
  20. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,895 Messages
    907 Likes Received
    It's crap. Jerry has been declawed. Can't start calling the players gutless without calling Jerry gutless first from now on. Well, at least he's proud of his Giants now. ;)

YR