1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: The current roster for the Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Sep 1, 2012.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,241 Messages
    1,406 Likes Received
    http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...dallas-cowboys-the-2012-53-man-roster-for-now

Quarterback (3): Tony Romo, Kyle Orton, Stephen McGee
    Running Back (3): DeMarco Murray, Felix Jones, Phillip Tanner
    Fullback (1): Lawrence Vickers
    Tight End (3): Jason Witten, John Phillips, James Hanna
    Wide Receiver (6): Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Kevin Ogletree, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, Andre Holmes
    Offensive Line (9): Tyron Smith, Doug Free, Nate Livings, Mackenzy Bernadeau, Phil Costa, Ryan Cook, Jermey Parnell, David Arkin, Derrick Dockery

Defensive Line (7): Jay Ratliff, Jason Hatcher, Kenyon Coleman, Sean Lissemore, Marcus Spears, Tyrone Crawford, Josh Brent
    Inside Linebacker (4): Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Dan Connor, Alex Albright
    Outside Linebacker (4): DeMarcus Ware, Anthony Spencer, Victor Butler, Kyle Wilber
    Cornerback (5): Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick, Mike Jenkins, Mario Butler
    Safety (5): Gerald Sensabaugh, Barry Church, Danny McCray, Matt Johnson, Mana Silva

Special Teams (3): Dan Bailey, Chris Jones, L.P. Ladouceur
    PUP/IR (3): Kevin Kowalski, Donavon Kemp, Caleb McSurdy
  2. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,234 Messages
    404 Likes Received
    I am glad Jerry saw the light and did not skimp on LP as the LS.
  3. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

709 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    With the addition of Cook, i would think Dockery is on deck for the next cut if we sign a TE from the waiver pool.
  4. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

709 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Overall i think the they're spot on.

Maybe Coale, Lemon, Dunbar. I see all making the practice squad, although Coale has a good chance of getting signed by another team. Happy with the Cook trade and dont quite get hanging on to Johnson. Typically you dont play you dont stay. The coaches must see something special in him-hopefully.
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,514 Messages
    9,680 Likes Received
    You think we're gonna go with 8 OL if we sign another TE?

That isn't happening.
  6. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,781 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    im puzzled why we kept 7 DL? and why did we keep 5 Safeties?
  7. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,535 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Nope. McGee.
  8. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I like the abundance of safeties. It's been a weakness for quite some time. This could potentially be Sensabaugh's last year. If Silva, Church, McCray, and Matt Johnson pan out, we may finally have that figured out.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,415 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Love that we kept Silva. Kid is going to special IMO.
  10. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,764 Messages
    1,782 Likes Received

Yes.

Remember how many times they brought in a guy to compete with Dale Hellestrae. To see if they could get younger and save $$$.

I think they said they could not cut him, because he was just to damn good.
  11. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm a little surprised at the 7 DL particularly to keep so many vets especially Coleman. He's guaranteed for the season now.

5 safeties is easier to understand, it's really four for one thing because McCray is almost exclusively ST and Silva will probably be most ST himself. I think they're not too sure about Johnson and if he can't get healthy, they can always keep him on IR and give him another shot next season and roll with Silva as the primary backup.

I'm a little surprised at all the veteran guards on the roster for week one particularly Dockery if you're going to go out and trade for Cook.

My guess at the inactives are McGee, Holmes/Beasley, Arkin, Dockery, Crawford/Brent, Wilber, Jenkins/Butler, Johnson.
  12. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,693 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Keeping fresh bodies in DL is the best trend nowadays , Giants have a good front 4 but they got good backups and so they can attack and attack and wear the OL .

5 safties because Johnson is probably redshirt for 1st half of season.

But you can't enough DBs against todays passing offenses.

It will be interesting to see the gameday-45 roster, how many will be active ?
  13. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,726 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Cowboys need to add a couple of real players from all the cuts, especially at OT, since Parnell is the only real backup. Dockery and Arkin are wastes of roster spots.

And only 4 OLBs (one who is still injured) is nuts. I know Ryan runs a hybrid D but the Cowboys need more pass rushers. And Coleman and Spears are the same kind of player - old and one dimensional.
  14. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

The Giants only have 3 healthy DTs on their roster right now.

Bernard, Joseph, and Kuhn. The only proven guys are Bernard and Joseph as Kuhn is a rookie.

There is talk that they may try and use their DEs on the inside to help with the rotation.