1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: The Misrepresentation Heard Around The NFL: Will Tony Romo Ever Be The Same?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 2, 2014.

1. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    I believe Aikman has been very clear that his greatest physical ailment was his back, not his concussions. I actually think he worked hard to downplay the concussions, which I personally never understood.
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    He has claimed it was his back that forced him out.
    BigStar likes this.
  3. BoysFan4ever

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    He wants you to pass the message on. :p
    BigStar and Air Force One like this.
  4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,978 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Irvin never had a back injury. A neck injury caused him to retire.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,109 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    One might try getting what is communicated correctly. Third person is non-directive, in the English language, and establishes an observed point.

The continual use of second person, in the English language, conveys accusation...not points.

Now, to additionally infer a mistake in another, when not referencing the third person inclusion of the comments...is completely disjointed and not proof of didly.

Now, if a person WERE to make an accusatory statement, it would therefore go like this: 'You are full of crap.'
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,109 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    or....NO, he, being ME, said what was intended and left the drama to someone else...perhaps you then.
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,109 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    No, in the preseason, of the hold out year for Emmitt Smith, he had a procedure similar to what was done to Tony Romo. Don't make up history...as Emmitt held out for four games, and almost cost the Cowboys their second Lombardi. Troy didn't sign a new contract until December. And that was something of a break between Troy and Jimmy Johnson in the discord in and around the locker room.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,193 Messages
    6,993 Likes Received
    He probably shouldn't be holding that kid with a bad back.
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,957 Messages
    9,035 Likes Received
    No, actually it doesn't. One injury has nothing to do with the other. They're not even to the same area of the body.
    tantrix1969 and Air Force One like this.
  10. BoysFan4ever

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    I
    Nope. No drama with me. My posts are actually easy to understand.
    BigStar and Air Force One like this.
  11. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,163 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    he can claim what he wants, but the guy had at least 10 documented concussions in his career and I believe the rumor was he probably had a total of 20+. He held the ball til the last second to deliver a strike which put him in line for concussions and extra wear and tear on the body. If he played today even with the back he would have played 15+ years.
    CCBoy likes this.
  12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,109 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    (chuckling to self) Almost everyone thinks what comes of their mouths are easy to understand. I don't lay the similar claim...I've already been there and done that...not needing to fabricate it as well.

I understand the beauty of simple humor...you're OK there.

When did you first like the Cowboys?
  13. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,109 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    Easy fella', I won't tell.
    Idgit likes this.
  14. BoysFan4ever

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    Just passing on what Troy said. I kind of figured he would know about his own health & injuries but maybe he just felt it was time to go for whatever reason. He's certainly done well post football.
  15. Tawney88

Tawney88 Well-Known Member

1,225 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    He was a lot younger at the time too.
    BigStar and Risen Star like this.
  16. bodi

bodi Active Member

658 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Aikman got a shot of something for his back before every game after year two - heard it from his own mouth
  17. Taurus

Taurus Benched

81 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Best option for 8-8.... Just like when he's not in there, still playing .500 ball. Almost like he really makes no difference. For 55 million we get coin toss odds. And the worst defense ever because everything's going towards making the offense more "Romo friendly." We need to get off the crack.
  18. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    LOL- now Romo's the reason our defense sucked last year.

Obvious troll is an obvious troll.
    Jstopper, DandyDon1722 and AmberBeer like this.
  19. Taurus

Taurus Benched

81 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    All the team's efforts have been going towards this offense for the last several years, at the expense of the defense. That's Jerry's fault he is on the Romocrack. Not the crack's fault.

So far we play .500 ball with or without the crack.
  20. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    802 Likes Received
    "All the team's efforts have been going towards this offense for the last several years, at the expense of the defense."

Yea, okay buddy. Go back and recount how many draft picks and salary cap dollars we've spent on the defense over the last several years and then try saying that with a straight face.

I'm done feeding this troll now. Good day.