1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: BTB: Tony Romo: The Choke Artist Myth And Elimination Vs. Playoff Hunt Games

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,124 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    I'm interested in his career stats early in games. Not just last year.
  2. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,551 Messages
    2,615 Likes Received
    1st qtr 78.7 (17th of 19 QB w/500+ att)
    rest of game 100.3 (4th of 25 QB w/1500+ att)
    BoysfanfromNY and ufcrules1 like this.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,114 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    Thank you, Percy...
    percyhoward likes this.
  4. ufcrules1

7,124 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    Thx Percy... Can you do this for 2nd and 3rd too? Would love too see some kind of graph.
  5. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Tony Romo is an above average QB, but he'll break your heart. And so many posters on here suffer from battered woman syndrome. Trying to justify why he isn't even close to part of the problem.
  6. ufcrules1

7,124 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    There is no doubt Tony deserves some of the blame for our lack of success. He is certainly not blameless. The biggest reason though is who we have running the team. The lack of success was here long before Tony.
    slomoxn, tyke1doe and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  7. percyhoward

8,551 Messages
    2,615 Likes Received
    1st 78.7
    2nd 98.6
    3rd 99.0
    4th/OT 101.4
    WPBCowboysFan, Heelsboy and ufcrules1 like this.
  8. percyhoward

8,551 Messages
    2,615 Likes Received
    Because that's where your heart is, with this team's pass offense. It's the only part of the team that offers a consistent payoff for the emotional investment required of the fan. In this portfolio, diversification is not an option.
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,114 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    That is impressive.
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,196 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    If you know your quarterback has Brett Favre-like tendencies, you don't give him the authority of Brett Favre. How hard is that to understand?
    Tony Romo needed a young Bill Parcells. He didn't need a Bill Walsh.
    He needed someone to keep him under control. Instead, we gave him the offense, and he turned out to be a mini Brett Favre without the championship appearances or the Super Bowl ring.
  11. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,388 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    Agreed -- I want Tony to carry the team to playoff wins as much as anybody and I also believe he has to be better but he has to at least be put in reasonable positions to do so. Putting up 40 on the Broncos and losing frames a narrative on him that is simply false. I hope we can agree on that.
    ufcrules1 and 5Stars like this.
  12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,114 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    48 and not a win...
    5Stars likes this.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Stupid Romo...! But, the guy tried....
  14. ufcrules1

7,124 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    He looked terrific in that game slashing up Denver but then again so did Peyton slashing up Dallas. Then at the end when needed he made a huge mistake with a wide open Demarco for the easy check down. Now, if you wanna say due to poor coaching/game planning he is at a disadvantage at times, I can certainly agree with that. I also think we have much bigger problems then Romo. Hey, I'm trying to find some middle ground with ya Don.
  15. ufcrules1

7,124 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    No doubt. I think another year or 2 with Parcells would have made Romo a much better QB/ student of the game and his career...especially elimination/playoff games would have looked a whole lot better.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,177 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    That's pretty amazing.

Could that era. The further we get away from the original game plan, the better? Lol
    McLovin likes this.
  17. percyhoward

8,551 Messages
    2,615 Likes Received
    He's definitely on the risky side of average, but nothing approaching Eli for example.
  18. percyhoward

8,551 Messages
    2,615 Likes Received
    Just remember 0-67.
  19. percyhoward

8,551 Messages
    2,615 Likes Received
    This past season Romo has more input in the gameplan, and his 1st qtr rating is 90.6.

Makes you think, doesn't it?
  20. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,388 Messages
    960 Likes Received
    quote="ufcrules1, post: 5599931, member: 32557"]He looked terrific in that game slashing up Denver but then again so did Peyton slashing up Dallas. Then at the end when needed he made a huge mistake with a wide open Demarco for the easy check down. Now, if you wanna say due to poor coaching/game planning he is at a disadvantage at times, I can certainly agree with that. I also think we have much bigger problems then Romo. Hey, I'm trying to find some middle ground with ya Don.[/quote]

No, I know dude we're good.

From my perspective there have been a lot of games where he just should've never been in a position to have to make a throw like that to win the game and then to be honest there were other times that he made bad decisions and we lost.

But -- I simply cannot grasp the "animosity" towards him when chances are we will have to be very bad (draft pick) or very lucky to get that kind of production out of the next quarterback of the team we all love when he retires. Shouldn't we enjoy it now while we at least have a chance with him?
    ufcrules1 likes this.