1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB: Tony Romo's Slump: Film Don't Lie

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Dude, you said, the cowboys need to rebuild like the chiefs 9ers and Seattle, build a supporting cast then get a franchise guy... Last time I check Alex smith was the chiefs starting guy. And if the chiefs are throwing 50 mil and second round picks to teams on a whim for qbs they think aren't going to be franchise guys, then I don't want the cowboys to rebuild like that. I'm good...

You're just popping off cause you have know idea what you're talking about
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,714 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    Right. Poor Romo... He is such an amazing QB... It's just everyone else's fault the offense sucks even when Jerry said Romo would have a lot more influence over the play calling and will be putting in Peyton Manning type prep time.

Lets face it. Romo's skills are declining and he was never worth that 108m contract. We should have traded him away for a #1, picked up a qb like Smith, and started focusing on rebuilding our team. Everyone knows the 2014 draft is going to be full of QB's. We won't be looking for one though, because we have Romo. At this rate, get ready for another 5 to 10 years of .500 football.
    Gameover and Zordon like this.
  3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Not even .500 for the next 5 - 10 years. This team will be awful in 3 years unless major changes are made now.
  4. ufcrules1

6,714 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    Ah you know Jerry though. He will sacrifice our future just to be .500 now. He will keep talking about the imaginary window that is starting to close as justification for his idiotic decisions.
  5. ykc

ykc Active Member

578 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Watching the game, our OL is giving more than enough time to Romo. I am not sure about th run blocking but the pass blocking is more hn adequate
    Gameover likes this.
  6. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,037 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    You have reading comprehension problems, seriously.

I did say the Cowboys need to do what those teams did, they had a solid supporting cast in place, then they brought in a QB. I never SAID Alex Smith is a franchise guy, the Chiefs may think that, but I don't. Also, WHAT DID THE CHIEFS DO? They had a solid supporting cast in place, THEN they brought in a QB. The QB was the LAST piece, that was my original point. Though it seems it completely winged over your head, because you keep bringing up stuff that backs my point.

Also, do you believe Carson Palmer at age 30-31 is a "Franchise guy"? I've already said teams will overpay up the *** for a QB who's at the top of the current available market, and it seems you missed that as well.

I've already backed up my thinking on this, it's not my fault your reading comprehension is non existent.

[IMG]
  7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received

Yea I forgot I was talking to a guy who knows exactly what NFL teams think of players....

And its funny how you just glance over the cheifs giving Cassel 50 mil like it didn't happen... But again you knew that they really didn't think he was a good QB. They gave up picks and wasted money just cause they felt like it. Lol
  8. dstovall5

2,037 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    When did I say I know what NFL teams think of players? Also, why do you keep ignoring my question? Is it because you know you're wrong, and you don't want to be cornered?

Did you consider Carson Palmer at age 30 a "Franchise QB"? It's a very simple question.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,238 Messages
    2,805 Likes Received
    I'm speechless.
  10. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    "When a QB is one of best available options out there, he tends to get above market value because teams are desperate and will over spend. Matt Cassel was not a franchise QB, KC just got desperate and prayed he panned out - he didn't. "

Right here, you wri te like you knew exactly what the KC thought process was. And why are you asking about Carson Palmer? Whats the point. Arizona got him for a 6th round pick? And If you're referring to the raiders trading for him, Yes, they obviously thought the guy was the answer at QB.

See what youre confusing is the fact GM is wrong with youre opinion about the situation. The 9ers should have drafted aaron rodger, the chiefs shouldnt have traded for and signed matt cassel. Hindsight. But that doesnt mean that those teams didnt try to address the QB situation first, because they obviously did, and it didnt pan out the way they thought it would. Just like im sure players like Sam Bradford wont pan out.

What youre trying to do is pick a date and say, "look, see they build they supporting cast first." if you look at the Niners, from 2007 till 2011 or the Chiefs from 2010 till now, then yea you right. But you can ignore that they attempted to address the prior year.

Like i said before, if your team passes up great potential QB's in the draft because the front office say, "nah, we want to build a supporting cast first," then theyre ******** and should be fired. If you have a chance to get the guy scouts and the front office believes to be that guy, you draft him. Thats like the Colts front office saying, "nah, lets not take Andrew Luck, lets get Flether Cox or Stephon Gilmore instead. Build up that supporting cast." What sense does that make... if have the chance to get a QB you believe to be youre guy, draft him trade for him or sign him. Its not a mystery why teams like NE the NO, and the Colts during the Manning years were able to stay top teams even though the supporting cast changed frequently.
  11. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    His replacement graded out well vs. the Saints
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Same feeling I get while watching Tony Romo every week.
  13. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,321 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Blind faith in a guy that has these numbers? I still remember how bad Drew Bledsoe was here...
  14. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Like I said, there are outliers that people ignore. Especially if you pick and choose the numbers that supposedly demonstrates success.
  15. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,508 Messages
    147 Likes Received
  16. dstovall5

2,037 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    You're comparing Salary Cap years to non Salary Cap years, it's a completely different ball game today then in the 90's. All the examples I gave are teams who are RECENTLY winning, and have a legitimate shot at the super bowl. It's true there's "no set way to get it done", I just believe one is more successful then the other.
  17. sbark

3,508 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Its not his fault and is a fault of his own that the team is inconsistent in execution...............that is a fault of the scheme and or the coaches.
    ..........is is not a coaches job, even if Romo is struggling, declining..........to put a player in the best position to succeed, be it Romo, Dez, Witten, Dunbar, beasley.............Garrett isn't doing that, or his scheme cannot be adapted to do it.
  18. sbark

3,508 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    .....oohh you mean like the Indy Colts where they re-loaded in 1 year
  19. dstovall5

2,037 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    Nice, you pointed out one situation to where I pointed out three. Like I said, I believe building a supporting cast first is the best way to go. Especially since those Andrew Luck guys don't come around every year.
  20. ufcrules1

6,714 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    It's the same feeling I get when reading excuses here from the Romo lovers after each game. Completely absolving him of any blame whatsoever. I will say a few have impressed me with being honest lately though, like Revolution, Catch17, Red Dragon, etc.
    Gameover likes this.