1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

BTB: Tony Romo's Slump: Film Don't Lie

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 14, 2013.

1. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    If you don't learn from past mistakes, you're doomed to repeat them. Do you wanna go through another Hutchinson, Henson, leaf, qc, Anthony wright, type scenario again? I doubt we can right this ship before tony retires so we need to start thinking about the future.

Draft a qb in round 1 next year. It's time to start thinking about who our qb of the future will be. If we're lucky tony will retire as our backup.
  2. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

1,419 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    there are TONS of people smarter than either of us when it comes to the nfl....people who make millions doing what they do in the nfl.

ALL of them have orton riding the bench.

We can argue all day about this that or the other when it comes to who has what arm. But the people in the know have orton holding down a bench on the sideline.
  3. TrailBlazer

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    Who has more playoff wins? Orton or romo?
  4. 65fastback2plus2

1,419 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    Jim Kelly has a ton of playoff wins...is that the measuring stick we're using these days?

Tim tebow has more playoff wins as a bronco than manning in the same amount of seasons...I guess tebow is better?
  5. TrailBlazer

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    It's one of the measuring sticks we use. It's usually pretty accurate. No, I don't think Orton should start. But my point is that we should be contemplating who our qb of the future is going to be. Tony hasn't won anything. 1 playoff victory. That's a shame. We won't be a contender for few years and by that time, tony will be washed up.

We should draft a qb round 1 next year. The other needs don't matter because one player isn't going to put us over the top.
  6. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,110 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    I am no Romo fan so i will say it. he is better than Kyle Orton. but that's not saying anything. the point is he's not good enough to ever win anything with Dallas. he's a 33 year old QB who is in decline.but 108 millions dollars tells me he's not going anywhere.that contract was another big mistake by Jerry the fool.
  7. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,876 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    A "below average" QB whose defense got him 24-27 TOs in ten games and whose offence actually made an effort to run the ball...
  8. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Only ignorant fans use playoff wins as a measuring stick for how good a QB is. Just the statement on it's own, makes absolutely no sense to anyone with half a brain.
  9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,432 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Its the same offense.. What are you talking about..
  10. TrailBlazer

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    Playoff wins is a pretty good reflection of how successful a qb's career has been. That's when it really matters. That's when good qb's are at their very best.

If you can't understand that, then don't bother reading bc most things will just go over your head.
  11. TrailBlazer

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    This ^^
  12. AmberBeer

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Ok, I'll just let your ridiculous statements stand on their own.
  13. 65fastback2plus2

1,419 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    iirc peyton has a losing or around .500 playoff record? which actually...isnt considered very good?
  14. TrailBlazer

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    If playoff success isn't a good metric for measuring qb success then what is? Regular season stats? That's ridiculous.

Qb's are remembered by, ranked, graded, by their playoff performances. Not regular season.

If you're gonna make a claim and call someone "ignorant" in a roundabout way, at least man up and give me some reasons as to why you believe what you believe.
  15. TrailBlazer

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    You wanna know the difference? He's got a ring. He had to play the patriots too. Thats where a lot of his losses came from. He's played in a lot of playoff games, which means he was good enough to get his team to the playoffs in the first place.
  16. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,663 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    Good TEAMS make the playoffs, not bad teams with a good QB, at least not consistently. Playoff wins are a silly way to measure how well a QB has performed for your organization, you do understand there are 53 other players, right? It's a team game, and those QBs you see in the playoffs have a good TEAM around them. That's why you still see QBs put up pitiful performances and their team still comes away with the W.

Cowboys are a below average team with an above average QB, and collectively as a team we're an average NFL team (5-5). Hence why we miss the playoffs year in and year out.
  17. AmberBeer

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    It's common sense and doesn't need repeating. I'm not in the business of educating the less educated.
  18. TrailBlazer

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter how many guys are on the team. Playoff wins measures how successful a qb's career has been. If he has one playoff win. That's not too successful. Not saying its all his fault or he's a bad qb. Never said that. He just hasn't been very successful. Being the qb, he has to take some blame. It can't always be someone else's fault. And unless you wanna go through another Ryan lead chad Hutchinson Anthony wright scenario then we need to draft a qb soon.
  19. 65fastback2plus2

1,419 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    brad johnson has a ring...wooptyyyyy doooooo
  20. TrailBlazer

1,709 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    Yeah that's why you keep ignoring my question. If playoff wins isn't a good thing to look at when measuring qb success then what is? That's what really matters. Winning playoff games.

You got nothing to back up what you say.

I'm not saying he is the problem or he sucks. Just saying he hasn't been successful. And it has been a failure to this point. ONE playoff win since he's been here. That's not very good. Especially when ppl want to put him in a category with aikman.