1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Bucky Brooks: Tony Romo helps make Dallas Cowboys offense scariest in NFL

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Outlaw Heroes, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

1,918 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Tony Romo helps make Dallas Cowboys offense scariest in NFL By Bucky Brooks Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network
    Published: Dec. 26, 2012 at 01:01 p.m. 0 Likes | 0 Comments Email Like Print Read Discuss

The Dallas Cowboys are coming off a heartbreaking loss to the New Orleans Saints in Week 16, but I believe their offense is rounding into postseason form heading into a massive NFC East showdown with the Washington Redskins. In fact, I'm convinced that the unit is so scary that the rest of the NFC should hope that the Redskins knock them out. Otherwise, the Cowboys become the NFC team no one wants to face in the playoffs.

After digging into the All-22 Coaches Film from their most recent games, here are three reasons why opponents should fear the Cowboys' revamped offense:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...s-make-dallas-cowboys-offense-scariest-in-nfl
  2. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

747 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    i dont see Romo beating corner backs and making sick catches on under thrown balls with a broken finger.
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,939 Messages
    1,321 Likes Received
    1. Tony is clutch
    2. Dez is a star
    3. Murray makes defenses defend him

...anyone on the zone could have told you that.
  4. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,196 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    If you can't appreciate how good Romo is, you don't understand what you're watching.
  5. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    It takes two to tango. Do you honestly think Colin Klein will get the ball to Dez better than Romo? :lmao2:
  6. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,388 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    We know. You might want to read the article since it contains that which you seek. It's okay to compliment multiple players on the team. :)
  7. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

399 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    He will be in the top two or three in the league no doubt. He ran two slants wrong against the Saints last week. Both were incomplete passes and both were on 3rd down. Make those two catches and we win the game without a doubt.

PS. The nice thing about Tony is he (barring injury) can be a top flight qb for another 4 or 5 years. Its amazing with our shoddy line play that he hasn't been injured this year. We need some lineman and a Safety bad next year whether its via the draft or free agency. Church might be a difference maker on the back end, but thus far we just don't know. With the exception of perhaps Parnell we have zippo/nada in the way of reserve O-lineman who can do anything more then wipe out a buffet.
  8. daniukid

daniukid Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry...but I think Seahawks are the O and team no one wants to face in the playoffs...I hope we aren't hosting them if we beat the Skins.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,657 Messages
    2,031 Likes Received
    Seahawks look great.

But they are night and day when at home vs away ...and unless they win and SF loses, they are going on the road.

Atlanta is undefeated at home too and will have that home field all the way through.

Green Bay hasn't lost at home since week one--which mays as well be two years ago in both football terms and weather.

Denver is on a 10 game win streak...soon to be 11.

Of the top ranked teams, Houston seems to hold the weakest home field advantage.
  10. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,799 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    this is why i think the cowboys can make a run
  11. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    If our defense was close to being whole we could make a run. With the way our def is healthwise it will be a tough road but I do believe we beat the Skins...
  12. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If I'm the Cowboys I wouldn't want to face ourselves either in the playoffs (or against Washington) either - because we can be our worst enemies.
  13. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

747 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    What iam watching:lmao2: ??? sam as normal i just see a few ppl stepping up..
  14. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,035 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Dallas offense starts too slow...
  15. kojak

kojak Who Loves Ya Baby?

2,295 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I agree they do. It's baffling sometimes to me how they can look so average to poor then turn a 360 and have the ability to score points in a short amount of time. And weird thing is they are confident they can do it at will and have proven it. Which is what I think the writer is talking about IMO.

So why not just start the game out in a no huddle offense or a hurry up type of offense? Maybe what we need to do since teams will just continue to exploit our injuries up the middle. We certainly haven't shown the ability to stop the other team from scoring. if you look at the last five games we have played. Our defense has given up 24 points or more in 4 of them.

So sling it. What have we got to lose? :starspin
  16. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,184 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Great article. I can tell when someone actually watches the games and does their homework. And on a national level you just don't get that. Whether its laziness or people being simply to busy. It doesn't shock me the author is getting flack for that article.
  17. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,265 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    Not with that defense.
  18. tyke1doe

19,265 Messages
    577 Likes Received

The Seahawks' defense is scary. But I think on the road in the playoffs, Russell Wilson's youth is going to be exposed. Teams tend to game plan better in the playoffs than they do in the regular season.
  19. tyke1doe

19,265 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    You mean 180. 360 is a full circle. If you do a 360, that puts you back to where you start. If you do a 180, that puts you on the opposite side of the starting point.

I'm not trying to be condescending because I used to make the same mistake. I just see it so often. It's a common mistake.
  20. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,035 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Good question...