1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bucs have staph outbreak - Nicks and Tynes infected

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,563 Messages
    3,423 Likes Received
    Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 13m
    Buccaneers confirm Carl Nicks and Lawrence Tynes were afflcted with MRSA infections. More on NFL Insiders, 3 ET, ESPN.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 11m
    .@TBBuccaneers dealing with MRSA outbreak. Given players special soap and sanitizied team HQ. Story being posted ASAP at FOX Sports
    .@TBBuccaneers management discovered MRSA issue last wk while scrimmaging with New England. Informed players& coaches Monday in team meeting
    .@TBBuccaneers sanitized facility last wkend & doing same this weekend while team is at Miami. Hope outbreak is contained before spreading
    .@TBBuccaneers will have statement soon on this. Worked with @MikeGarafolo on story. He'll be posting more details shortly.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 5m
    Spoke to Kellen Winslow yesterday on MRSA. His eyes went wide when I told him rumor was the Bucs are dealing with it. He had it in Cleveland
    And a scalpel. Ya follow? RT @pulsedhalo: That infection is no joke. You need old school anti-biotics to get rid of it.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 6m
    Rumors were rampant the last couple days on potential staph infections with the Bucs. As @alexmarvez said, Nicks/Tynes had MRSA infections.
    Bucs coach Greg Schiano told his players about the MRSA outbreak on Monday, after the facility was taken care of.
    More details on the MRSA/Bucs situation: Tynes and Nicks were diagnosed when the club was in New England. Facility santized over the weekend

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD 1m
    Bucs G Carl Nicks and PK Lawrence Tynes have MRSA infections, GM Mark Dominik has confirmed.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
    Teams have had to sterilize their locker rooms, alter equipment, practice field, even laundry/towel protocols in past to prevent its spread
  2. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Yikes. Got that once in my leg and it was extremely painful to try to stand or walk.
  3. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

2,888 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Time to stock up on Bactrim.

I got that on my back from a weightroom on a college campus. Got to the point I couldn't even sleep on my back. Ruined a lot of good shirts as well.

Stuff is no joke.