1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bucs have staph outbreak - Nicks and Tynes infected

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 22, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

68,594 Messages
    8,814 Likes Received
    Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 13m
    Buccaneers confirm Carl Nicks and Lawrence Tynes were afflcted with MRSA infections. More on NFL Insiders, 3 ET, ESPN.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 11m
    .@TBBuccaneers dealing with MRSA outbreak. Given players special soap and sanitizied team HQ. Story being posted ASAP at FOX Sports
    .@TBBuccaneers management discovered MRSA issue last wk while scrimmaging with New England. Informed players& coaches Monday in team meeting
    .@TBBuccaneers sanitized facility last wkend & doing same this weekend while team is at Miami. Hope outbreak is contained before spreading
    .@TBBuccaneers will have statement soon on this. Worked with @MikeGarafolo on story. He'll be posting more details shortly.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 5m
    Spoke to Kellen Winslow yesterday on MRSA. His eyes went wide when I told him rumor was the Bucs are dealing with it. He had it in Cleveland
    And a scalpel. Ya follow? RT @pulsedhalo: That infection is no joke. You need old school anti-biotics to get rid of it.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 6m
    Rumors were rampant the last couple days on potential staph infections with the Bucs. As @alexmarvez said, Nicks/Tynes had MRSA infections.
    Bucs coach Greg Schiano told his players about the MRSA outbreak on Monday, after the facility was taken care of.
    More details on the MRSA/Bucs situation: Tynes and Nicks were diagnosed when the club was in New England. Facility santized over the weekend

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD 1m
    Bucs G Carl Nicks and PK Lawrence Tynes have MRSA infections, GM Mark Dominik has confirmed.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
    Teams have had to sterilize their locker rooms, alter equipment, practice field, even laundry/towel protocols in past to prevent its spread
  2. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,092 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Yikes. Got that once in my leg and it was extremely painful to try to stand or walk.
  3. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,481 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Time to stock up on Bactrim.

I got that on my back from a weightroom on a college campus. Got to the point I couldn't even sleep on my back. Ruined a lot of good shirts as well.

Stuff is no joke.