1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Buffalo/Miami Shows Us What Life Is Without Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DandyDon1722, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,702 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    So your saying Tony can't get a accurate throw out early and that our running problems our the QB's fault?
  2. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,161 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    You answered your own question. There are only 7 or 8 posters who feel this way about Romo and nobody, I mean nobody, cares what they think. The rest of the football world feel like Romo is a fantastic QB.
  3. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,096 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    No one will ever take you seriously with that avatar much less your unbelievable lack in football knowledge

#justsayin
  4. Denim Chicken

2,702 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    What does his avatar have to do with anything?
  5. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,172 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    As my boss likes to say, Jerry needs to trade for Colt McCoy and get rid of Romo.

Yep he's an idiot!
  6. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,763 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    Troy had Jimmy and Roger had Landry. Tony? Wade and Garrett.

The difference in head coaching competence between what those 2 had and what Tony has had for most of his career is staggering to say the least.

Just look at this year, a good coach wins the Baltimore and Giants games and all of a sudden we are 1 game up on first place with the head to head tie breaker against NY.

Forget about everything else, coaching has been Tony's main crutch so far in his career.
  7. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,208 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    No, but I am saying, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
  8. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,208 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    No dount coaching has played a role, but so has Tony.
  9. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

811 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Nobody cares what YOU think....

Some of us have seen this picture before...Like old tv reruns, they don't get better with age. At least Danny White had a better offensive line. Romo doesn't and it's time to get what we can for him. Some of us have been through these 8 & 8 seasons before and see the same as we go forward with an aging QB. Frankly, if we don't blow it up, I see another 6 & 10 pattern emerging. We have a competent backup QB who can get us by until we are able to build a better overall team to complete...Time to study the Patriots for awhile...Everyone over 30 should be on notice or the trade block.
  10. StarMan

StarMan Active Member

989 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    He's certainly not the entire problem, but you're a blind homer if you can't see he's part of it.
  11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,546 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    QBs are incredibly difficult to find in this league. In order to be in a position to get a plug and play franchise caliber guy you basically have to concede a season.

You guys act like you can just go grab a Luck or RGIII off the street or something.

It's a QB driven league, the rules are built that way, so teams are placing such a high premium on the position that they'll reach for guys. Ryan Tannyhill was playing receiver a few years ago. Blaine Gabbert was a top 10 pick and in previous years' drafts he would've been a 2nd rounder.

So geniuses, future scouts, couch GMs - how do you suggest to even begin the process of replacing the guy that's the only reason your team is competitive?

I'm not naive, I know Romo isn't in the Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, class. But he's right below those guys and just as good as guys like Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, Bradford, Vick, etc etc. (Notice all of the guys I mentioned are first round picks)

You guys certainly have high expectations for an undrafted guy that has one of the highest QB ratings in NFL history.

Any of these guys ring a bell - Carter, Leaf, Hutchinson, Wright, Banks, Stoener, Henson, Testaverde, Bledsoe, etc etc. You get the point. We really wanna go back to those days with our GM trying to fill the most important position in the game?
  12. Denim Chicken

2,702 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    Really? Lets see.

Your Statement: A QB who can get an accurate throw out early, can do well with this line

Obviously our offence is not doing well with this line, so you saying Tony can’t get an accurate throw out early

Your Statement: .. not to mention create room for the running game.

Obviously our running game isn’t working, so your saying that the QB is not making room for the running game by not getting an accurate throw out early

Yeah, I think my reading comprehension is just fine.
  13. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Lol...funny thead, especially from the ditch Romo crowd whose main argument is that if the Cowboys keep him, they're doomed to mediocrity for the next several years.

Really? Well, unless the Cowboys somehow manage to get a top pick in the draft in a year when another Andrew Luck is coming out, their chances are about the same, or worse, with the plan you all propose.

Quick, name a QB selected in the draft in the past several years who has out-performed Romo and/or helped guide their teams to better success.

Aaron Rodgers - 2005

And argument can be made for Flacco in 2008.

Manning and Roethlisberger - 2004

That's about it.

Having said that, I'm not saying that the Cowboys shouldn't start looking, but to just 'trade him while he still has value...' come on. That's ridiculous. You're going to have to immediately replace him, and chances are, the guy you get in the draft is not going to be as good. And even if he is, it's probably going to take several years of bad to mediocre play before he arrives....the exact thing you're arguing against RIGHT NOW.

Oh, and I laugh at the 'compentent backup QB' we have now that can 'get us by' while we wait. Obviously, you all haven't seen Orton play in a while, or you don't WANT to remember because your hate for Romo is that strong.
  14. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,424 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Yeah, I get it, draft a QB high, and hope to god he's above the 50% that have some success. Otherwise your organization is toast for a few more years.

Meanwhile, Jacksonville, Miami, Buffalo, NYJ, Arizona, Browns, Titans, the Chiefs and quite possibly the Raiders and the Vikings will all be climbing over themselves to land Romo.
  15. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

811 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    A 1st & 2nd next year and a 1st in 2014 does the trick. Time to start over and Orten can hold the fort for 3 years while we reload. Otherwise, it will be another decade before this team competes....

Anybody think Jerry has the smarts to pull this off...Nope...I thought so.
  16. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,674 Messages
    211 Likes Received

Just the normal cult of Romo responses when ever someone suggests he might not be the greatest thing ever, just ignore them they can't argue football so the resort the lame generic "you don't know teh footballz!!!11!!one" replies. It's usually the same people who whine and cry when the big bad media calls our bad football team bad
  17. Apollo Creed

8,546 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    If Romo is so bad why are teams constantly dropping 7 guys in coverage and blitzing us less than they ever have in his tenure here?

You'd think if he was a scrub they'd be bringing heat and trusting their corners.

It's because defenses know there is no run game, you can get pressure with your front 4, and that the Dallas' only prayer of winning is throwing the ball, a lot.

It's not just us 'Romo homers' that think the guy is good, it's every single defensive coordinator we've seen this year. But what do they know?
  18. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

811 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I don't question that Romo is good. But he's getting older and our line is a couple of years away from being good enough to carry us in a playoff game. We need to unload all of the 30+ players & their contracts while we reload. No one is saying Romo isn't good, he's worth more traded than leading the rest of this sorry team.
  19. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,674 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    At what point in this thread did i say Romo was bad? Stop trying to make this about something it's not, whether i think he's good or not is completely irrelevant to the point i've been trying to make. He's not getting any younger and we are not a good team so Romo is not the future plain and simple
  20. Apollo Creed

8,546 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    He'll be playing at a high level for at least 4-6 more years.

And no you didn't say that he wasn't good, but you said we should unload arguably our most valuable player - when there are no feasible options available.

Garrett was interested in Andy Dalton but he went well before our 2nd round pick.

Logistics, bro.