1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Buffalo/Miami Shows Us What Life Is Without Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DandyDon1722, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,186 Messages
    575 Likes Received
    Well if your Avatar discredits you, I’m screwed. Lol.
  2. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,554 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Then why did you waste your time writing that whole love letter to Romo?

Draft picks = feasible options

Remember how last year the Skins and Colts didn't how a QB and now they like do?

I think it's stupid to try about build a team around a 32 year old QB cause by the time we finally have a team around him a lot of the key veteran pieces of that team will have aged and declined to the point where we have to replace them. Romo is already declining just look at his deep ball this season he's over throwing and missing so many passes it's not even funny, you think that's something that's going to get better with age?
  3. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,872 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Buffalo and miami shows us how two teams play not to lose. Boorrrrring.

Horrid playcalling. Couldn't keep even me entertained.
  4. noshame

noshame Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,919 Messages
    400 Likes Received

Wow, I'm just floored.
  5. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,054 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    If you are constantly talking about what your quarterback needs around him, then your quarterback isn't elite. If your quarterback isn't elite, then you are in pot B with 25 other teams competing for the championships scraps that are left over by elite quarterbacks.
  6. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,054 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    And yet the Colts and the Redskins did go and grab these guys. The Redskins through trade, the Colts through something close to intentional losing. Both of which the Cowboys could have done.

Then you should recognize that he isn't quite good enough.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Can we make the playoffs first before you start a thread like this? What if Romo plays like POOP the next 2 games and we fall to 4-7?
  8. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

its all Romo's fault why this team is average every year?
  9. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    oh boy....funny
  10. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

who are trading all these picks for anyway? A guy that you dont even know exsists yet? A team that has zero depth, average talent, and a average record year after year and you want to trade all our picks for a QB that you dont even know who it may be, when we have a QB already?
  11. LittleD

LittleD Member

739 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I was advocating trading Romo for a 1st & 2nd next year and a 1st in 2014. We need picks and as many as we can get. I would even entertain picks for Ware at this point.

Time to start over with younger players, my friend... Who could we get those picks from = Buffalo, Jacksonville, Arizona, Oakland just to name a few....
  12. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,519 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Funny ... you won't even get those picks on Madden.

No one is going to give us all those picks for Romo.

Romo isn't the issue, and at his age, his equity in trades isn't worth his value to the team. He's more valuable as a Cowboy than trading for a 2nd round pick.

He's not the problem.
  13. LittleD

LittleD Member

739 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    He is not the problem I'll grant. But, do you actually think that all of these problems ( actual problems with the lines ) will get fixed before Romo settles into a rocking chair. NADA!!! Time to get what we can for our over 30 players and start over. Otherwise, we are going to be an average to below average team for another decade...
  14. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,390 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    This is about right
  15. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

At his age? He will be 33 next season and has about 4 years left LOL
  16. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,724 Messages
    963 Likes Received
    Romo is problem #2, Garrett is problem #3, and Jones is problem #1.

Romo's been here with different personnel and can't get it done. We were never going to go anywhere with Romo, and nothing's changed. It's time to start the search for a Top QB in the draft. If it means sucking completely for a year to get him, so be it.
  17. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I agree, he will be 33 years old next year so why wouldn't Jerry draft a QB for the future?