1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bunting: D-Line Thin on Rush Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Arch Stanton, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bunting: D-Line Thin on Rush Prospects
    Posted by Rafael at Friday, December 23, 2011

"the safest player in the draft"
    In the final part of this week's chat with the National Football Post's Wes Bunting, he runs down the thin defensive line class and talks up junior David DeCastro.

Cowboys Nation: Are there any defensive linemen in this class who resemble Ratliff -- long-armed, strong base, really quick who can be disruptive, who know how to use their hands? Cause Ratliff got down to 287 this year, but because he's swinging between 1-technique and 3-technique, he's only playing a ''true'' zero technique, two-gap nose around 10 percent of the time.

Wes Bunting: It's not a great defensive lineman class. I'd say maybe Billy Winn, from Boise State. He's 6'4'', 295. Mike Martin from Michigan, guys with good get off. They play low, but they're not as sudden as a guy like Ratliff.

Jerel Worthy, from Michigan State is an interesting guy. He's not overly sudden laterally, and that affects his ability to shed. He looks to beat you off the snap, and if you get your hands on him he doesn't disengage overly well. But he's got a good get off, he can keep his pad level down. He has some character concerns. It's more on-the-field, with motivational issues. That could cause him to fall in the first. He's a big talent, but I don't know if I trust him.

Read more:http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/12/bunting-d-line-thin-on-rush-prospects.html