1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bunting: Prospects who I have convictions on and would go to bat for come draft day

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Apr 6, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,562 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    A rundown of some of my favorite prospects who I would definitely be targeting throughout the NFL draft.

QB Ryan Tannehill: Texas A&M (6-4, 222)
    With such limited experience at the quarterback position it's not a case of where this guy is right now, but where he can be in 2/3 years. I love the talent and the overall production from a guy who doesn't have much experience playing from under center as he plays way beyond his years. A potential franchise quarterback in my mind.

QB G.J. Kinne: Tulsa (6-2, 234)
    Kinne has a little Jeff Garcia/Bruce Gradkowski to his game. He will fall on draft day because of his size, but is your typical gritty QB prospect who is the son of a coach and in my view will find a way to make a roster and potentially fight for playing time down the line.

WR Devon Wylie: Fresno State (5-9, 185)
    Is limited a bit by his size, but is the kind of cat-quick slot guy with great ball skills who can make a living in the NFL. The major positive with him is that he also has very good speed as well.

OG Brandon Brooks: Miami (Ohio) (6-5, 343)
    Is a big, strong kid who has some lateral quickness for his size but needs some technique work. Nevertheless, has some upside and can win consistently in the run game and pass game and looks like an NFL starter in an angle scheme to me.

OG Amini Silatolu: Midwestern State (6-3, 324)
    He has some technique flaws that needs to be fixed and will need to kick inside at the next level. However, he's a wide-bodied athlete with a powerful/explosive frame, good foot quickness and can really pull from the backside. Might need some time, but is one of the top guards in the class with as much upside as any.

DT Chigbo Anunoby: Morehouse (6-4, 324)
    He's never going to be a "plus" pass rusher in the NFL. However, he's a strong, long kid with a really well proportioned frame who can anchor inside and certainly has the talent to get plenty of looks from both 34 and 43 teams as a developmental big body.

LB Shea McClellin: Boise State (6-3, 258)
    McClellin is a productive pass rusher with a big motor, good skill set and can get after the QB in a number of ways. Looks like a potential starter at the next level.

OLB Bruce Irvin: West Virginia (6-3, 245)
    A gifted athlete who has the initial burst to routinely reach the edge. However, lacks ideal size and doesn't have a real sophisticated pass rushing repertoire. Is going to make the move to a 34 OLB at the next level and might need a little time. Reminds me some of the Chris Clemons.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,562 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    Cowboys have interest in Kinne as UDFA. Tulsa had one of the better offenses in the NCAA last year IIRC.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,562 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    SDogo what do you know about this guy?
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Bunting took the time to give us a list of 8 players every NFL team will target, 5 of which could go in the first 3 rounds and this is informative or original how?

How about a list of 8 players not on every teams, fans and draft geeks wish list that we might not know about?
  5. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Many character concerns, on and off the field. Unlimited potential but a poor mans Poe. Not sure you will ever see it.
  6. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    OG Amini Silatolu: Midwestern State (6-3, 324)
    He has some technique flaws that needs to be fixed and will need to kick inside at the next level. However, he's a wide-bodied athlete with a powerful/explosive frame, good foot quickness and can really pull from the backside. Might need some time, but is one of the top guards in the class with as much upside as any.

LB Shea McClellin: Boise State (6-3, 258)
    McClellin is a productive pass rusher with a big motor, good skill set and can get after the QB in a number of ways. Looks like a potential starter at the next level.

Trade down and grab Shea in the first and then scoop up Amini in r2 .. please :D
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    The 5 your talking about are easy to see, but stop killing a man's dreams of Brooks making it to the fourth.....

If the GMs are reading this, guys he didn't even make it to the combine....he sucks and should be undrafted.

Just saying....:D
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I sent out that memo to 31 teams yesterday, sent the real memo to Dallas today.

See if it works. :D
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,076 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    Good list. It all depends on where they get picked.

Does any body have the Pro Day data for Chigbo Anunoby?
  10. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Not only does he list a bunch of guys who are going to go inside the Top 3 rounds, he just casually shoe horns in guys like e Brooks, Silatolu and Irvin with a "they may take some time" tagline. Well, duh, that's the whole reason why teams are hesitant on them. Who wants to draft a project in the Top 3 rounds who may not become an impact NFL starter until they're on their 2nd contract playing for another team?