1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Burress back to the Giants?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Sam I Am, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,345 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Eh? Can't believe the Mara's would even think about that after what happen.

============================================

Plaxico Burress got on a plane in Florida Tuesday night and flew to New York to meet with Giants coach Tom Coughlin Wednesday about the possibility of the former Giants receiver returning to the team.

Sources told the New York Daily News that the Texans, Rams and Eagles also contacted Burress Tuesday, but if things go well with Coughlin and other team officials, the Giants would be Burress' first choice.

"I really don't know what I'm going to say," Burress told the Star-Ledger Tuesday. "I'm just going to go in there tomorrow and speak from the heart, be truthful with him and let (Coughlin) know how I feel. Whatever comes out is going to come out. I'm pretty sure there are things he wants to say, too.

"I do love New York. My fan base here has been great to me. But it's not just about football; there are just a lot of things that go into it. But after this I'll know a lot more.

Complete Story
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,652 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    He is a changed man.

;)
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,345 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I think they are just dreaming on "what could be" with Nicks on one side and Burress on the other. The problem I see is Burress turns 34 in August. I'm sure he kept his physically conditioning up at least of late. The question is can he body still take the stress. I'm pretty sure he wasn't putting that type of stress on his body while in prison. At 34, it might be hard to come back to that level of play after the time off.