1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Bush's War

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Heisenberg, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
  2. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Well, since no one else has posted their thoughts, I'll post mine.

It's amazing to me how completely inept the entire chain of command was until basically 2007 and that was only after Rumsfeld left and Cheney's influence was cut back. How Rumsfeld kept his job as long as he did blows my mind.

Not to mention the absolute bending of facts to support the invasion to begin with.

I mean, this has all been covered before, but to see it put together and in a timeline just reinforces all the bad feelings about the whole situation. Plus, there are interviews with people I had never heard from before and some footage I hadn't seen before. Some of the war footage is pretty graphic.

Seriously, watch this. It's extremely well done. Each part is about 2 hours long and there are 2 parts. They are, however, broken up into 10 minute chunks each, so you can watch a little at a time. Once you get started though, it's hard to pull yourself away.
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's see...

PBS + Posted by Ozzu = Bash Bush....

Sorry, think I'll skip this 10,000,000th way to watch how someone blames this whole thing on one man.
  4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,825 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Suit yourself, but regardless of which side you're on, it's a good watch. I wouldn't say it's a Bush bash at all. I'd say it's more of a Rumsfeld / Cheney bash. However, it's interviews with people who were involved. It's not a fabricated story. It's the things you already know with perhaps some new details and really well put together.
  5. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Dont waste your time. Your better off watching grass grow than even talking about this with some folks on here.
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Don't bother. We've heard this same drum beat for 8 years.
  7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,450 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    The truth is simply too painful for some.

[IMG]
  8. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which is why some won't acknowledge it.
  9. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Of course you will... you wouldn't want to go reading something, or watching something, that might disturb your rigidly preconceived notions, would you??

Do you have to be an ostrich to be a neocon, or is that optional??
  10. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Irony, thy name is Cajun...
  11. Marty R

Marty R Member

63 Messages
    0 Likes Received

lipstick on a pig> conservitism... :rolleyes:
  12. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not true conservatism, Marty... what the neocons are peddling as conservatism is a grotesque perversion of that political philosophy...

True conservatives believe in, among other things:

1) Fiscal restraint/balanced budgets

2) Smaller government

3) An emphasis on personal liberty, i.e., no government snooping around into private lives

4) A strong military

5) A non-interventionist policy abroad, for the most part, IOW "America first"...

The neocons are only committed to number 4, and are obviously dead morally opposed to number 5... they pay lip service to the first three, but their actions most assuredly do not square with their rhetoric...

I ask you, is there any of those 5 principles that you find objectionable??
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have seen tons of this crap and it's the same rehash. Over and over again and 99% of it has been garbage and you know it. You just won't say it publicly because it would destroy your little world of Bush hate.

Do you have to be an agenda driven hack to be a liberal Bush hater or is THAT optional?
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Disingenuous hater thy name is Silverbear. :rolleyes:
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know, sometimes, you just can't wrap your mind around a post 9/11 world. What was that about sticking your head in the sand?
    You can have all the personal liberties you want. That's the great thing about America. But when you have to stop the terrorists from killing you, then you have to look at what is best for the whole.

The only people who have a problem with the way Bush is going about this is the left and as you know since you are firmly on that side of the fence you are aware of that.

I would rather have the terrorists listened in on, and stop them from killing other American's than ensure that they have their (non existent) rights violated.

Attitudes like yours is what will get more Americans killed and it is a very dangerous thing. Had we not done this the Lancaster group would have carried out their plans to kill more people. Just one example and we know of many more.
  16. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the fault lies in President Bush's staunch loyalty to many of his political friends - oftentimes to his detriment (Rumsfeld, Gonzalez, the failed Miers nomination, etc.).
  17. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gee, I dunno, you'd have to go ask a liberal Bush hater that question...

Once again, you reveal the extremity of your politics that you have to label some one who disagrees with as a "liberal"... you come off like a cheap Rush Limbaugh wannabe when you pull that lame crapola, which makes your calling ANYBODY an "agenda driven hack" an ironic joke... I keep expecting to hear you start railing against "feminazis" any moment now...

If you want to know the plain truth, cajun, I have come to seriously believe, both because of the extremity of your rhetoric and your periodic comments about all of our troops that you've talked to, that you're making yourself a good deal of money as a government contractor, or working for a government contractor... if it turned out you worked with Halliburton, I wouldn't be surprised...
  18. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's hard to be "disingenuous" in your hatred when you freely admit it, son... I'd suggest you look for another word, my hatred of that SOB is quite genuine, and on the record...
  19. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jawohl, Herr Ubersturmfuehrer... ve must haff ORDER!!!

Actually, that's not true... go read some REAL conservatives some time, you'll find that they are extremely concerned about the erosion of personal liberty in this nation...

Listening in on American citizens without a court order is over the line, period...

You're gonna find that hauling out the scare tactics is not going to work in America any more... your heroes have overplayed that card, now it's losing its effectiveness...

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither"... can you tell me which one of our founding fathers said THAT??

So, you support an America in which we a) let our government infringe on our civil liberties, and b) torture our enemies...

Nope, I don't want to live in your version of the USA...
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope, just a regular guy with no connection to Haliburton whatsoever. As a matter of fact it's the first time I've used the term "agenda driven hack" because it fit so well. I don't give a rip about you or anyone else disagreeing with me. You have every right to as an American. I just want to make sure you keep that right.

Now if protecting America at all costs is extreme. Cool. Call me an extremist. But I'll do it all day, everyday so that you can continue to have the right to hate.