1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Buying tickets question

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BlueNSilver88, Jul 3, 2013.

1. BlueNSilver88

BlueNSilver88 Member

83 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Hi, say I want to go to Cowboys vs Redskins on oct 13 (my bday) & I want to get some tickets (willing to spend around 200 or so), do y'all know where to shop best? Suggestions $ etc would be appreciated from those of you who have experience going to games. This would be my first time
  2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,104 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    I'm a season ticket holder and I can tell you that your best bet would be craigslist if you wait until the week of the game. However, if you are looking at spending a total of $200 you are going to have a hard time finding tickets. The cheapest seats in the house besides the standing ones are $94 a seat face value and NOBODY will sell them for face value. If you are talking $200 a ticket, then you can find something.

If you can't wait until the week of the game then ebay or stubhub would be your best bet. Be careful on stubhub because they have a ton of fees at the end of the transaction.
    CowboysRangers likes this.
  3. BlueNSilver88

BlueNSilver88 Member

83 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    $200 a ticket
  4. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,490 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    Look at Stubhub.com or nflticketexchange.com, which is ticket master. Craiglist too.
    I have season tickets, and may be out of town for that game, but can't let them go for $200, mine are $340 each, face value.
    Sold them last year for Redskins game for $800 each. Was out of town, but I did get home for Thanksgiving, but tickets were already sold, or I would have went.
  5. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,782 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    For the most bang for your buck, I recommend eBay. Make sure the person has a high positive feedback rating though (at least 500).
    Cowboys=SuperBowl likes this.
  6. bigdrulez3141

bigdrulez3141 Member

296 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    fansnap.com is a great website to compare prices of every website. Also, there is an app called seatgeek which is also awesome when it comes to finding seat value.
  7. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

652 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    go to stubhub and you can see where you will be sitting but its not a lousy seat in the stadium
  8. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,489 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    I'm a fan of the NFL Ticket Exchange. They have lower seller fees than StubHub so you can generally get a better deal, and you can print right away knowing you have authentic tickets. StubHub will refund you if you ever bought counterfeit tickets, so they aren't a worry, but it's nice to me to have one less thing to worry about. I also advocate waiting as long as possible to buy tickets as prices tend to go down closer to game time.
    CowboysRangers likes this.
  9. Turtle0986

Turtle0986 Member

51 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    When do the tickets actually start to go out in the mail. Bought tickets for the game against Denver from stubhub, but since this the first time I have ever been to a home game this is new for me, stubhub said late july early aug. but didnt know for sure
  10. brucekr

brucekr Active Member

354 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Tickets get shipped in late July or early August. The Ticket Exchange is the safest method to purchase, because it's linked directly to the ticket holder's account. A refund isn't going to make you happy if you travel to a football game and your tickets aren't legit.
  11. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,490 Messages
    1,627 Likes Received
    Last year mine was sent the end of the first week in August.
  12. ufcrules1

7,104 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    Mine were first week in August last year too but I was told that this year it will 100% be in mid to late July. For sure won't be August this year.
    Also every other year was in July as well.
  13. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,639 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I have that game for sale (season ticket holder), PM if you're interested
  14. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

652 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Until game day OR if we are on a winning streak.
    Cowboys=SuperBowl likes this.
  15. Turtle0986

Turtle0986 Member

51 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Has anyone that has season tickets seen em come in yet? Was just wondering since I bought tickets for the game against denver on the ticket exchange. First time doing it and I am a bit anxious to get em lol
  16. ufcrules1

7,104 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
    I got confirmation they are shipping last week in July.. so that means they the Cowboys will ship them out to the season ticket holders and then they will ship to you. No worries man... you will have them soon.
  17. Turtle0986

Turtle0986 Member

51 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Cool thanks for the info ufc