1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

C.I.A. Sought Blackwater’s Help to Kill Jihadists

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by SuspectCorner, Aug 21, 2009.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,729 Messages
    37 Likes Received
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,307 Messages
    1,026 Likes Received
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,307 Messages
    1,026 Likes Received
    I was actually just trying to be funny.

I think I failed.
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,729 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    It made me smile.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,696 Likes Received
  6. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,412 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    fair enough. the point i was trying to make was that everything you post in the political zone is slanted towards the right which you have no problem with, neither do i though i tend to disagree with you, but when suspect continualy posts articles/opinions with a left leaning stance, again not all of which i agree with, you jump down his throat. wasn't meant to come across as me attacking you
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,570 Messages
    2,171 Likes Received
    Since he comes right back at me its called war. In case you have not noticed the political forum is a free fire zone. I like to think that I do post things with a little more credibility then he does. I do not post from sites the libs here scream about but Suspect keeps posting from his typical sites. SO yes I do jump all over him.
  8. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,729 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    You are just one of those right wing loons.

Welcome to the club.;)
  9. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    What exactly is the purpose of this thread?
  10. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,412 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    i'm getting worried about all this agreeing! ;)
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,570 Messages
    2,171 Likes Received
    Is this the sign of the Apocalypse?
  12. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,729 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    BP sticking up for W and now this. It could be the end.
  13. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,412 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    no don't worry, my views are still well left of anything you would consider acceptable! i just try to form an opinion on an individual topic based on the merits of it rather than its political backing. in this case its a total non story.
  14. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,929 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    I guess I'll have to be the only one who has any problem with Cheney and the CIA even contemplating circumventing Congressional oversight and turning over potential 'hit squad' duties to a civilian contractor outfit - especially one as problematic as Blackwater has proven to be. And maybe I'm the only one aware of the problems that seem to follow Blackwater around wherever they go.

But then again - there would be your built-in 'plausible deniability' for a Bush admin and CIA already heaped in suspicion over the torture and murder of detainees, the disappearance of suspected terrorists into the black hole of extraordinary rendition, and various other human rights abuses.

And I guess I'm the only one who demands a reasonable degree of oversight on the part their government, or any accountability at all for that matter, when conducting violent actions abroad.

Whatever.
  15. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,696 Likes Received
    Ever heard of Fidel Castro?
  16. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Kind of how we feel w/ each asinine link you throw up here at the PZ.

Thanks for playing. :D
  17. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    *points and laughs* :lmao2:

England never employed mercenaries, nor did Germany. As a matter of record, the Founding Fathers never employed mercenaries. When the US fought the cold war, we never employed any "outside personnel".

Where is the Bugs Bunny cartoon when you need it? :laugh2:
  18. CowboyWay

CowboyWay If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State

4,171 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    You're not the only one. I just didn't have the strength to type it. Good job. :bow:
  19. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

7,929 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Ever heard of the Church Committee? Familiar with the track record of the CIA? Ever heard of the Nisoor Square massacre? Eric Prince?

Our executive branch - absolutely including the Obama adminstration - is overly engaged with and overly dependent upon private paramilitary contractors doing jobs that should fall to military personnel under the military chain of command, or nobody at all. Because companies like Blackwater aren't subject to the UCMJ - they will continue to cause our country more problems than they solve. And they make government accountability - for those of us who insist on it - a real headache.

But some have no problem with, and may even prefer, good old secret goverment.
  20. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why not? Don't you have the courage of your convictions? :confused: