1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Calling it now - trade up for Clowney

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,226 Messages
    1,819 Likes Received
    Both of the top two teams in the draft would love to have Clowney. I can't imagine him falling past #2 overall unless some disaster occurs between now and draft day.
  2. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,309 Messages
    1,203 Likes Received
    I am still trying to figure out what he has done since the helmet-remover two bowl games ago
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,288 Messages
    6,248 Likes Received
    This is coming from a kid who was a coin flip away from calling himself Romo 2 Hurd.

I kid. I kid.

If we did do this it would be highly idiotic.

So yeah. There's a chance.
  4. Sledgerc

Sledgerc New Member

8 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Considering this report listed under Jan. 3rd
    http://www.gbnreport.com/

• No surgery for Clowney; hopes to take combine by storm … South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney, one of the top 2-3 prospects for this year’s draft, likely won’t be in Mobile this year - at least not in a football uniform - buys he plans to do a full workout at the combine in late February. Of course, more than one top prospect has changed their mind once they get closer to Indy in the part. Stay tuned. Meanwhile, Clowney also told local reporters after the team’s Cap One Bowl win over Wisconsin that he is no longer planning on having surgery on his foot to repair bone spurs which hampered him all season.

I dont believe we will move up high in the first round to select a player that needs surgery on a problem that was hampering his production.

It is possible that he falls a few slots...If he has surgery after the draft it would wipe out training camp for him.
    So he would be out of shape and unsure of assignments when he finally would see the field....Considering the reports about his disinterested effort , you have to wonder just how out of shape he would get.

If he played with it for the season (which is longer than the college season), would he have a lackluster season like the past 3 1/2 sack effort he had this last year with the added wear and tear from a longer season...

Just say no to a trade up....
  5. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,085 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    The only player I see us trading up for is Mosely if he starts to slide.
  6. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,366 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    This reminds me of the threads saying we would trade up to draft Darren McFadden.
  7. bodi

bodi Active Member

419 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I agree
  8. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

629 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Dalla should stay pat this year or trade down for the extra picks... There will be some starters in the 2nd round
    Smith22 likes this.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,721 Messages
    3,466 Likes Received
    Definition of "Calling it now": Look at Me.
    Yes, I'm not seeing a big difference between most players projected to be available in the mid first to those projected to be 2nd rounders.
  10. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Not happening
  11. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

629 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Exactly, Dallas could have drafted Freddick in the 2nd and pick up the better TE in the first. This team need to do a better job projecting players.
  12. xwalker

10,721 Messages
    3,466 Likes Received
    I hope you're joking.
  13. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

629 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Zach Ertz-36 recs 469 yds 4tds
    Gavin Escobar -9 recs 134 yds 2 tds
    Tyler Eifert - 38 recs 439 2 tds

Nope not joking
  14. xwalker

10,721 Messages
    3,466 Likes Received
    2009 NFL Draft:

Seattle 2nd round (#49 overall) Max Unger

Dallas 2nd round (#51 overall) Traded down because their top target Max Unger was already taken.
  15. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,815 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    No, not "look at me". Just a gut feeling that this draft will shake out and have Clowney fall a few spots, similar to Claiborne who many were projecting at #3/#4 at this point (Blackmon, Kalil, Richardson ended up going ahead of him)
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,420 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    Are they better because they had better stats? Maybe those stats had more to do with who is starting in front of them. Ertz had better numbers than Celek, the starter in Philly. Neither, Celek or Gresham(Bengals) had stats close to Jason Witten.
  17. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

629 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Show me they were productive
  18. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,309 Messages
    1,203 Likes Received
    no trade ups, if anything, if there isn't someone that they love at 16/17, then trade down if they have a partner and pick up another pick or two
  19. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,322 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Clowney's character issues will cause him to fall. That's my guess. You don't use a #1 overall pick on a guy with character issues. Plus Houston will go QB with it's first round pick.
  20. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,990 Messages
    435 Likes Received
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.