1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

cam jordan and cowboys offseason plans

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,888 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    Idk after the senior bowl and combine he might be a top 15 or top 10 lineman. He might even get picked before dareus. Cam is blowing up the senior bowl. He is showing to be a good passrusher on the line with a variety of moves and he is doing a nice job in the run game and also splitting the double team.

I would love to get another passrusher on the line that can beat his man one on one and play the run. We would just need a NT to collapse the pocket and forced to be doubled.

1. Cam jordan
    2. Gabe if there or another top OT (one has to be here hopefully)
    3. Phil Taylor (he is blowing up the combine too so idk if he will be here....I will settle for Ellis or Powe or Chris Neild west virgina nt).
    4. sheppard (LSU linebacker who is showing he can cover and take on blocks, bradie soon to be replacement maybe)
    as of today this is what I thin will help us depending what we do in FA. Get huff, resign sensy (if he is willing to take a nice cap friendly contract), resign kosier to a veteran deal for about 2years.
    Ask for contract negotiations
    -newman
    -leonard davis
    Cut or try to trade
    -barber
    -columbo (idk if his contract is too much to use him as a back up and veteran experience for our young tackles)
    -Roy (he just seems he doesn't fit our system)
    -brookings (unless we would like him to stay as a back up and ininjury surance)

oh and
    move ball back to CB asap
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    nice thoughts
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Castonzo just said Jordan is the most impressive player he has seen this week.
  4. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,792 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Keep an eye on Nick Barnett of the Packers. He's got a big salary for next two years and his replacement has lite it up this year so Nick is now expendable and maybe cut. He's 29 and injured his arm last year but should be full strength next year. Maybe a good stop gap for 2-3 years.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    I'm still bitter he won rookie of the year over Roy.
  6. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    No need to be bitter, Nick Barnett was a year begind Roy Williams. Barnett may have won it over Newman, but either Peppers, Freeney or Ed Reed won it over RW31
  7. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Those OTs are going to fly off the board. If Dallas doesn't start the run at 9, it will not take long to start the run.

Smith
    Sherrod
    Solder
    Costonzo

Carimi

I like Kelvin Sheppard, because Chavis loves him.
  8. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Your not getting Gabe Carimi in the 2nd Round......PIPE DREAM !!! There is no way you'll get Cam Jordan and Gabe Carimi