1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Alumni2k11, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I picked him up on waivers after his week 1 game. He put up good numbers again today minus the 3 INT's. Two 400+ yard games to start off the career. My thinking however, is to try and sell high to someone else in a trade. Especially since I just lost Charles for the season (most likely). Correct thinking or is Newton the real deal?
  2. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    He looks like the real thing to me, especially fantasy football wise. You get passing/rushing yards and touchdowns. Of course it depends who your other QB is. If you have one of the top tier QB's then trade him and get a good RB in return. If you are weak at QB, i say hold on to him.
  3. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    i always grab a strong back up QB in the draft, i picked up cam in every league i could last week, i will be trading him as much as possible this week. he looks like he could be the real deal in this league but this year he is still a rookie and not to be relied upon to carry your team week to week. you lost an RB1 for the season i would for sure try and trade for a RB. plus fitzpatrick didnt get picked up in most leagues last week, that will change this week so you can try and get him too.
  4. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Rodgers is my starting QB, so I'm definitely set there. Made a bunch of offers last night for some top RBs.