1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Campo and Phillips worst coaches of all time?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,117 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    That list is absurd, not surprised its bleacher report. Wade had a 13 win season, an 11 win season in which he won a playoff game, and a 9 win season in which he had a chance to make the playoffs on the last day of the season. Is he vince lombardi, no, but he really wasnt that bad.
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, I thought Wade was a bit off as well.
  4. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,195 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Wade Phillips and Dave Campo were both better head coaches than Steve Spurrier and Jim Zorn.
  5. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bleacher Report

Both were better coaches than Jason Garrett.
  6. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:
  7. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    Campo was pretty bad but Wade doesn't deserve to be on that list, he was 82-59 as a HC. Never had much playoff success but always kept his teams competitive.
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,225 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    I'd take Wake back over this mess.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,353 Messages
    4,314 Likes Received
    That's pretty much how I see it...

Campo was just a poor hire through and through.

I wasn't a fan of Wade, but I thought he was a decent enough coach until the wheels fell off. His downfall here is his questionable personnel opinions.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Wade is a very good coach. He made the assumption that he was dealing with grown men that took pride in playing football. These gutless wonders sure proved him wrong. Some of the same players are still on the team and the results are the same. Wade went on to prove that he is still a good coach. Yes, he is better than the man that replaced him and he is much better defensive co than the blowhard that is currently walking the sidelines.

Campo was bad, but the talent level that he had to work with was worse.
  11. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

949 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  12. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,743 Messages
    1,604 Likes Received
    I always liked Wade, he does not deserve to be compared with Campo. Dave is well below Phillip's coaching level, and it isn't really even close IMO.
  13. RealCowboyfan

RealCowboyfan Championship

4,587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    True. Garret should be at the top of the list.

C'mon man Freeze Your Own Kicker
    C'mon man run quarterback sneak on 1st down
    C'mon man Let the time run out to kick a game losing 51 yard field goal which we could've been in better position to kick the field goal against the Ravens.
    C'mon man you don't establish no run game with this team
    C'mon man you call draw plays on teams that got a decent d line compare to our mediocre O-line
    C'mon man you tell us the same thing after every lost which is "we got to get better and put this game out of our mind and just progress." Never about winning
    C'mon man you start the Seattle Seahawks game passing the ball against a good secondary and a mistake prone quarterback.
    C'mon man you been starting every game in the second half as of late and didn't even win all of them so I can't call Cowboys a second half team it's more like "Whenever they show up" team or better yet "I play when I wanna team" or "Atleast we tried and faught. Who cares at the end of the day when it isn't a victory envolved?

As far as the Cowboys winning is the only thing that matter everything else is excuses.
  14. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,300 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    Yeah he won the division two of the three years he was here.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    Bleacher Report

.../thread

No offense intended, Cajun
  16. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,164 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    LOL, I found the following on the site.

LINK
  17. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,737 Messages
    918 Likes Received
    I don't agree that he made that assumption. If he did, then that is on him. He has been around the NFL for a long time. He should have learned that the league is full of all kinds of players. Some are grown men and some are not.

Wade proved he was still a good defensive coordinator(except these last couple of games), but being a coordinator is much different than being a good head coach. He has never shown that he was a good head coach. He is middle of the pack. It was a bad hire in 2007. Dallas needed better at that time. And I don't think Wade is better than Jason. Wade is just much more experienced. Experience makes a difference.