1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Can Dallas Beat Washington Without Ware

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dallas71, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Dallas71

Dallas71 New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Granted, Ware will play, at least some against the Skins on Sunday night. But can the Cowboys win this game without Ware playing at a high level?

I just don't see the pass rush coming from anywhere else often enough to make much difference in terms of getting RGIII off the field.

Not saying this is hopeless, although previous "win and get in" situations have just blown. Historic collapses.

But I also can't say this meeting looks good either.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That changes this week!
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,562 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    Sheesh. How many of our fans have completely given up before even the first snap? So sad for all of you that you miss out completely on the build up for this game. I can't wait for it, and I'll somehow survive if we don't pull out the victory.
  4. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I don't know how important the pass rush will be. Obviously to have Ware on the field whim you've invested so much in and plays at a level such as Ware's is important, BUT, with the weather conditions I think they ground and pound early and often. I think however, we'll be ready for it, maybe play Spears at NT a lot and let Albright and Sims fill the gaps like they do so well.
  5. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    If they had really given up they wouldn't be here. They're preparing themselves for it.
  6. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Yes.

The only player we need on that field to have a great game is Romo.. The others just have to do enough. Its a QB league for a reason.
  7. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    they do it every week. i get sick and tired of the eyore crap going on.
  8. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,416 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Yes.

Next question?
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,866 Messages
    1,465 Likes Received
    It's not sad at all. It's also no different than what you have done on many occasions when talking about different squads on other teams.

This just happens to be the team we back.

But me wanting a win and seeing they have better offensive and defensive line play, along with a great running game that set's up their passing game. While Dallas has back-ups, cast-offs, and street people for the interior defense that will try and stop that QB option play action play, is something that is not a wish for want for, but reality.

I'd love to see a decent run in the play-offs. But the problems Dallas had this season are still there.

And bemoaning the horror of people recognizing that makes no sense.

Because it comes down to the Xs and Os. Something you have personally preached on this board for how many years?
  10. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,866 Messages
    1,465 Likes Received
    Then get tougher skin and stop blaming others for spoiling your good time.

Nothing said on this board will make a rat's rump difference when the ball is teed up and kicked off.
  11. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I think the more relevant question is can they beat them without Spencer...
  12. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    heh, fair enough.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,562 Messages
    5,290 Likes Received
    It comes down to x's and o's. And turnovers. And the problems the Cowboys and the Redskins both have are still there.

But, be that as it may, I don't consider you a poster who thinks we have no chance this week. There are plenty here in that category, though. And, yes, I find them incredibly annoying, but I also do very much fell sorry for them. It's sad to be so deluded you don't enjoy the possibility of victory and another NFCE crown over a hated rival...a victory that could also eliminate another hated rival from playoff contention entirely in the process.
  14. iceberg

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    except these are the same people who wanted to cut dez and ragged on him post after post, refusing to give him time.

get a new coach every year.

fire jones at least 6 times in any thread with 7 posts in it.

we *all* recognize that it takes time. some of us just give it and wait for things to play out. others ***** and moan after every bad play as if that defines the cowboys forever.

and if they get a good play in, cry in agony the next one will hurt.

i wish these same people could recognize when their desire for "instant gratification" just doesn't work. but they never do.

they just pick something else to "bemoan the horror" of.

THAT sucks.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    we will have to.

What with HAMMY, ELBOW, SHOULDER ,NECK issues
    he is barely a shell of what he normally is.

To be brutally pragmatic he will have no impact on the game in all likelihood in his current condition
  16. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,109 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    we have been doing well up until now with Ware being far less than 100% so hopefully this continues tomorrow night...
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    It really is.

I can't believe how many national media and Dallas fans think we have no chance.

And I find it funny how often they cite that 44-6 game.
  18. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,833 Messages
    853 Likes Received
    Let some posters tell it, we haven't had Ware all year even early on when he was healthy. So what the hell? The Cowboys have to win this game. Everybody needs to step up for four quarters. I like our chances and see no reason to be persistently negative before the game even starts.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,661 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    That's what I was thinking. He hasn't been his regular self over the past few weeks. In fact, he's been inconsequential. Better to have a fully healthy player in there, than a banged up 20% D Ware.
  20. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,688 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    We haven't really had Ware most of the season. Other players are going to have to step up and actually get pressure.