1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Can Dallas Beat Washington Without Ware

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dallas71, Dec 28, 2012.

1. TX Cowboy

TX Cowboy Member

242 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The answer is NO everyone else out there is not at the level of a Ware or
    Spencer and wouldn't stand a chance against RG 3
  2. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What little Ware has done this season, its like hes not there anyways. So yes.
  3. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Sure. You can plug just about any guy into the lineup and generate 11.5 sacks and 5 FF.
  4. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    but is 20% ware > 100% butler?
    might be close.
  5. Cali_Skins

Cali_Skins New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He will probably stay within the scheme and not free lance given his injuries which might be a benefit against the zone read.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,859 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    ignoring the reality of injuries is just plain dumb
  7. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,800 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Yes, rg3 is not who we should be worried about, stop the damn running game
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    yea, wouldn't you like to be hunkered down in a bunker with some of them...just knowing they have your back? Good Lord..........I'm really looking forward to this game myself, and expect a victory in their yard.
  9. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received

This is how see it.

Ware will have to play more disciplined which is something he has not done well all season. He has relied on talent alone for too long; athletic plays he used to make on a regular basis are few and far between these days. Playing with an injury will hopefully force him to play within his limitations and therefore play soundly if not spectacularly.

The key to a win, however, is how well Crawford, Lissemore, Hatcher, Spears, Sims, Conner, Albright, and Peprah play. They have to be better than average for Dallas to have a chance.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,000 Messages
    7,746 Likes Received
    You mean...if there were real bullets firing instead of accusatory message board posts? Yeah, I don't think I'm going in that particular bunker. :)

That said, there are some really good negatively-inclined posters here at CZ. Most of those guys express their legitimate concerns and then move on to other arguments.

That's very different from the "we can't possibly win because I hate Jerry Jones and I want to make sure everybody else knows how unhappy I am about it" sort of post. That mentality, I just don't understand.
  11. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Butler is 1/4 the man ware, so whoever it is playing there's no difference at this point
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,000 Messages
    7,746 Likes Received
    Butler's a pretty good pass rusher in his own right. We'll end up exposed in coverage and the running game, and lose something in terms of pass rush, but he's a legitimate pass rush threat on his own, at least. Between him and Hatcher and Spencer, we'll still get decent pressure.
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,758 Messages
    5,911 Likes Received
    Yes, Butler can rush the passer OK. I'm more concerned about him playing the run. Washington's read-option with RGIII and Morris often puts a strain on the OLB.
  14. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,048 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Spencer has been our pass rush the past 6 games anyway.
  15. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

963 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    If anything, Ware may not get to the QB but he has enough core and lower body strength to be occupy a tackle and collapse the pocket bull rushing.

We'd better find a way to adjust. Maybe this is where Cooley needs to earn his money by chip blocking Hatcher or Spencer for us. He's really our only TE that can block at this point. I've noticed Shanahan has less of a tendency to keep a TE in to block on passing downs than did Gibbs.

On the first drive of the game Hatcher came through unscatched...
  16. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ware just needs to stop the run and stop shooting 5 yards past the Qb..I'll be happy if he does that.

Stoping the run is the most important piece of this game. Spencer and Ware have to be on their A games.
  17. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kind of what I am thinking cause he is hurt.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,108 Messages
    1,271 Likes Received
    Ware and the entire Cowboys defense is going to have to play very good Sunday night or we're going to witness another win or stay home debacle.
  19. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,601 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Voice of reason.
  20. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,067 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Ware and the rest of the front 7 delivered a decent amount of pressure in the Thanksgiving game, hopefully somebody can step up tomorrow.

Seems like Ware should have been IR'd rather than cyborged after the Pittsburgh game, not sure that he isn't more than a decoy out there at this point.