1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Can Dallas Get a Quality Offensive Lineman in the 2nd?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Jan 28, 2013.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,375 Messages
    2,001 Likes Received
    you cant revamp what you are doing until you figure out where the problem is

you cant figure out where the problem is because "everyone is making the decision"

"everyone is at fault" so "no one is at fault"

that is the beauty of jerry's 'group decision' system

it is a self fulfilling prophecy
    nobody gets the blame except who jerry wants to take the fall
  2. Macnalty

Macnalty Active Member

969 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Will go in the second round, not sure all be available at 47, my guess is Khaled Holmes, Dallas Thomas, and Travis Frederick still on the menu for us. When reading the other teams forums all these guys are on the radar, and have high value.
  3. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    if we somehow land cooper at 47...that would be amazing

Richardson
    Cooper

Sign me up RIGHT NOW
  4. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    If we got Richardson and Cooper without a trade.........miracle. Dream scenario in my book, sign me up.
  5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,615 Messages
    1,621 Likes Received
    Nobody knows what Dallas is going to do. Too early
  6. GloryDaysRBack

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    agreed dallas is going DL

i also just figured it out...they are taking Floyd at 18...his position flexibility is too appealing..he can play the 1 and the 3..richardson is primarily a 1...Hatcher and Rat are both better fits at the 3 than the 1..

makes no sense to draft richardson and then have 3 players better suited to play the 3 and nobody suited to play the 1..Floyd on the other hand allows you to mix and match as you choose..

new mock

Floyd
    Warford
    Thomas
    Taylor
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,195 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Even when they are on the clock, no one will know. Who thought they would trade up for Claiborne last year.

With the new CBA, just like last year, the draft will be very interesting. Lots of trades.
  8. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Are you saying Richardson is better suited to play the one or three? I think he is gonna be a nightmare at the three tech.
  9. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,053 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Honestly, I think we can have a solid rotation at the 1. I much rather get a pass rush DE, since this is a strong DE class. Ware is getting older, we need to give him help. I think if we got Ansah out of BYU as a SDE, we'd be better off in the 1st, and get an OG at the 2nd (Dallas Thomas, great fit since he can play both OG and RT).

Lissemore and Hatcher could both play the 1 tech, not their best fit, but it works. We should go hard after DT in free agency or in the 3rd-4th round.
  10. GloryDaysRBack

9,302 Messages
    699 Likes Received
    i meant the 3...i dont think richardson is a good fit here...i think floyd is a better fit...considering the personnel we already have
  11. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,963 Messages
    3,538 Likes Received
    I don't know what Dallas will do because I have no idea where we stand.

Are either Free or Parnell starters? Is Smith a LT or RT? Do we need to acquire an OT and if so RT or LT or swing? You can't begin to prioritize the OL without addressing that first. If you need a LT best get one in FA and move Smith over. If you can't do that in FA then you need to consider moving up or just drafting the best tackle you can then let them all compete.

If the interior OL is your priority then you look for quality inside in FA and get one if the price is right. Then you go into the draft with better options for BPA then BPA at a need. I think you can get a G or C or C/G in the 2-4 who can compete or start. I think you can get interior OL in the draft and avoid this position in FA but I'd still be looking.
  12. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,872 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    I would bet on this happening exactly(if i was a betting man),Jerry will not pass on a good pass rusher if one is available at 18.
  13. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    Not if we trade away our second again...