1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Can I be the first to say this was a lame draft?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Awakened, Apr 28, 2012.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Which player? You want me to run through them all? The only one I'm cold on is Wilber.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Water is wet because it is water.
  3. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Dang it, I thought we were going to have an adult conversation.
  4. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    DOn't justify it man. If he came here with some statements besides, "I dont like it" and explained why he does not like player A, B or C it would of been commendable and respectable and deserved an educated response. Thus this is not the situation. Your going to spend a lot of time giving an informed response and it's going to fall on deaf ears with no response.
  5. theogt

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Eh...I think he just doesn't know anything about any of these players, so is underwhelmed. Once you learn about them, it's easy to get excited.
  6. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    This is actually almost exactly where I'm at.

I worry about Wilber, and I wonder at the placement (not necessarily the selection, since I don't know enough about them) of some of the others.

But do the players themselves worry me, do I feel like we left incredible value on the board? I'm questioning myself since half the guys I was screaming for us missing out on are still on the board as we move into the 7th round.

I feel pretty good.
  7. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,112 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    the only reason you dont like the draft is because they drafted people you did not know. Nobody knew who tom brady was or victor cruz was and look how they turned out. I have no problem drafting people with high motors and dedication.
  8. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    You set the tone.
  9. BEMYDADJERRY

BEMYDADJERRY Member

745 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    can u be the first when these guys pan out and do well for us to say your a negative nancy and know diddly about talent?
  10. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,740 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    I think many of us can say the same.
  11. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    You mean the guy we picked over Greg Childs, whom we wanted?

Can you honestly tell me your excited about Johnson and Coale?
  12. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who woke you up?
  13. LOBO7

LOBO7 Active Member

325 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Pumped alot of youth into the defense. You have to think Ryan had some say in this. I cant wait to see these guys come together.
    The TE has speed that makes him dangerous. I think he could find himself with a few plays. Speed will make those Eagle lbs play honest.
    A late rounder that not only makes the team but finds his way on the field.
  14. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Yes, I will do that. I've done it before.

I thought Marcus Spears was going to be awesome - that's the first thing that pops in my head. There have been others.
  15. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,580 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Umm I love Greg Childs and wanted him very badly but we never wanted him. And if "we" did the fans wouldn't know for sure. I'm very happy with Johnson and Coale. Did you think we would get Blackmon and Barron in the 4th and 5th?
  16. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,740 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Coale: HELL yes. Have you seen him play or even read/listened to what any of the "experts" has to say.

Johnson: I'd never heard of him, much less seen him play, but after five minutes of research I see that he's a high character guy with top-notch measurables and excellent production, albeit at a small school. So I'm cautiously quite optimistic and reserving all judgement til I see him play.
  17. theogt

43,945 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Yes, I can tell you I'm excited about both of them. Tremendous athletes. I think they both get a good bit of playing time this year.

Drew Broylhart had Coale as a 1st round caliber player. He immediately fills a role as a slot receiver. I love guys like Johnson. Fantastic athlete and really looks like a man among boys at his level. He's exactly the type of guy you want at what is essentially a high 5th round pick.
  18. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    this draft will ultimately come down to what we get out of Claibourne. there is no telling after him who might pan out and who doesnt. but if Claibourne busts this draft will bust.
  19. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,658 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    So you enjoy being ridiculed on here. Now I get why you started this thread.
  20. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    I have watched Coale play many times and hell yes I am excited. This is a great pick. I would not be the least bit surprised if he's our slot receiver by opening week.