1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

can the tuna save the Dolphins

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Rampage, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. SkinsSince96

SkinsSince96 Benched

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has turned every other team into a playoff one. I think if he can add some pieces this year through FA and the draft they can go 6-10. The next year I can see the Phins at 8-8 or 9-7. Thats how good Parcells is and with Jeff Ireland helping to find talent I can see them turning the ship around in Miami. Just look at all the talent they helped bring Dallas over the years. I love the Tony Sparano move also. Hes a damn good coach who has Bill Parcells no nonsense attitude. The key question for the Dolphins now is John Beck there QB of the future.
  3. WarC

WarC Active Member

1,521 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I also think the Dolphins will have a quick turnaround. Parcells lives and breathes the game like few other people. He will churn and nitpick and manage that team into championship contention within three years.
  4. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,591 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    If history repeats itself and he lives another 4 years:D
  5. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He took a 5-11 team here with QC as QB and Tham to the playoffs.....

That was a Big turnaround.
  6. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    This is a major project. At least in dallas he had a few pieces to work with. In miami they have a aging defense.... poor corners and safeties.... on offense no QB, a running back coming off an ACL and no gamebreaking on the outside. Ohh yeah they play in a division with the pats.... good luck tuna. He won't last 3 years.
  7. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,004 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I think the biggest part of BP not turning the fins around will be his on field presence. It just won't be there, no matter how many of his staff he puts in place they will not be able to do the on field things that BP does.

He will probably get some talent in there, and it will take a new staff to get it to perform. Just my thought.
  8. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ricky Williams

Parcells is going to get this guy onboard and producing. He can get to Glenn like problem players with the best.