1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Canon EOS Rebel T4i

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Sam I Am, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,539 Messages
    4,291 Likes Received
    I know there are a few of you photo dudes here. I was thinking about picking up a Canon EOS Rebel T4i. What do you guys think about it?

2. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have a T2i. Good little cameras. My advise would be to get the basic kit and spend a bit of $$ on a decent lens. You don't have to get L quality but you can get very very close to it with this lens (http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-17-50mm-2-8-Aperture-Canon/dp/B003A6H27K).

The video quality is awesome too. Shoots basically the same footage as the high end canon's and they've used those in music videos and tv shows.

3. Sam I Am

36,539 Messages
    4,291 Likes Received
    Yeah, I see it on sale for $749 right now with just the basic kit. That is what I was looking at.

I figured I would just use the lens that came with it for a while to feel my away around and decide on a lens direction in the future. (what type)

Really, my main reason for buying it is to not use a lens at all. (Astrophotography) I was going to buy a CCD for it, but decided maybe a DSLR was the way to go so I can dual purpose the camera. (Astrophotogray and regular photography)

4. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

2,075 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    Its $600 on Amazon.

5. Sam I Am

36,539 Messages
    4,291 Likes Received
    I see $696, but not $600.

Nevermind. I see it for $599 for just the body.

6. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,762 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    I had the t3i and loved it. I'm friends with a bunch of professional photographers and it was recommended as a great camera for entry level photo taking. I think I bought it for $849. If you can get the t4i at the price you mentioned above that sounds like a pretty good deal.