1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Can't Fix Stupid, can you?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by alsmith, Nov 9, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    When a WR becomes unreliable as Dez has become then the QB and play caller will ignore him and rightfully so
  2. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

1,127 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Well, it really only takes one, and from reading couchscout's take on the all-22's (or whatever it's called), it sounds like it's the former.
  3. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

2,059 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    I remember hearing this and thinking I should post about about it. Dez (and Ogletree) came immediately to mind. I also think JG has this same philosophy as well and I was glad we started drafting team leader/captains, etc. But we get ourselves into trouble when we go off the reservation on guys like Dez and RWII because we become enamored with their physical ability. Good find.
  4. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,245 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    You don't change your entire offensive play book, philosophy, game plan, and play calling for a WR like Dez Bryant.

I believe if the coaches had the balls to move him down the depth chart in favor of a lesser talent who actually does it the right way, Dez would sulk and then start working on the mental aspect of the game. I refuse to believe that he is truly too stupid.

Dez is probably a below average student who has been coddled since high school due to his talent...it's likely a combo of slow-learner and stubborn, don't give a damn, lack of work ethic because this is easier for me.

If someone truly put him on the spot and stopped covering for him, he just might do what is necessary...then if he still can't get it, he probably is a moron.

Right now I think he needs the embarrassment and reality check of being benched, and once we are eliminated from the playoffs, it wouldn't surprise me to see that happen...though it should have happened his rookie year.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,878 Messages
    4,695 Likes Received
    Keep it up, and I'm going to put your flask in the Off-Topic Zone and leave it there!
  6. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,395 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Is there a Compleat Moron's Guide to the Idgit-Bauer Dialogues?
  7. Idgit

28,878 Messages
    4,695 Likes Received
    *Complete Moron's. :)
  8. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,091 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    The sad thing is not only do we have some really dumb players but we lack playmakers everywhere. I really miss the days of Troy, Michael and Emmitt. Now those guys could make plays in tight games. This team is the antithesis of that team.
  9. loublue22

loublue22 Well-Known Member

2,041 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    It would mean they saved the head coach from his moronic and inexplicable game management in crucial moments.
  10. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    You can fix ...by replacing.

That's what most people do.
  11. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,000 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    how did Dez earn a college degree in anything is what I want to know. I bet he cant do 5th grade math.

Dumbest player since Clinton Portis.
  12. Idgit

28,878 Messages
    4,695 Likes Received
    Clinton Portis was a hell of a football player.

Dez may or may not be dumb, but there's a difference between regular intelligence and the ability to make the right decision quickly on the fly. I think the latter is what Dez lacks, and there's no coaching it.
  13. Gorgeyhopper

Gorgeyhopper Member

111 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The joker28 is gonna get you for saying that.