1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cap space if Miles was cut?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Nov 25, 2012.

1. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Easy to have INFLATED stats at the WR position when your QB throws the ball 62 TIMES and you're DEAD LAST in rushing.
  2. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,202 Messages
    2,039 Likes Received

A valid point but you have to be able to quantify it. How many throws are going to Dez and Witt? How many to Miles? That's really the only way you can look at that and know for certain that the number of throws in a game are in support of your position. I honestly don't know what that number looks like but I'd bet it's heavily weighted in favor of Dez and Witten.

That's just a guess of course.
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    What the hell do we need one of those for? We all know Romo is at his best on the run. :)
  4. Gossamer

Gossamer Member

172 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Per ESPN, Dez has been targeted 97 times.

Miles has been targeted 85 times.

Since Miles couldn't play last game, I'm guessing they are just about neck and neck in number of targets (when they both play).

Of course, that is the problem.....

Dez was targeted 11 times in the Washington game -- Miles was targeted 0 times (obviously).

So, remove the targets from the Washington game and it's 86/85.

That does not seem like a lion's share to me.
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,636 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    Before the washington game Dez had 57 catches for 735 yards as miles has 49 for 727. Pretty much the same, but people want Miles gone for qhat reason, I dont know. Why cut a guy for a 3.5 million cap savings when he produces. I do not want to create another hole or need. We don't even have a #3 WR much less release our #2.
  6. supercowboy8

5,636 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    We can use 3.5 to sign a OL, who I don't know but just any I guess. I mean look we signed Mack bern last offseason. We need help on OL that Is for sure but cutting miles doesn't fix anything. No top OL is going to be availble and Dallas should have enough money to sign a good lineman.
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you do it right you free up 5 million and that is what you do when guys are past their contract and always injured you have to move on.

Yes it only frees up 3.5 million but you can not continue to pay guys 3.5 million more than their worth.

What we did with Barber and other guys. Hell we did it with groude and the coaches liked him.
  8. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Andy Levitre should be the #1 priority come offseason.. solid in the pass & run. I think he & Tyron would make a great tandem on that left side of the line
  9. supercowboy8

5,636 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    Jarius Byrd is #1 on my list. Buffalo has a quick read pass offense so that helps the OL stats.

Alao we need a replacement for Free, I would rather spend the money on a tackle and get a rookie OG early.

Dallas has enough money to spend where 3.5 million won't make a difference.
  10. supercowboy8

5,636 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    You can only make one player a June 1st cut and that shiuld be Free IMO. We should try a redo Austins contract but again who will be our #2 WR.
  11. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    He would be a great player to sign at safety, I just don't see in any way the Bills parting ways.. He will get top $ from the Bills or be tagged
  12. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When did that change ? I missed that in the new deal

Miles is not going to play but maybe 12 more games is my guess this year so who cares. You do not need two stud wr to win.
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,691 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received
    Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
    “@garettdollgener: @BryanBroaddus will Miles Austin have a Star on his helmet next season?” < off season question.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Maybe it isnt so far fetched
  14. supercowboy8

5,636 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    No you don't need two studs but you need another good Wr or Dez is just going to be doubled. This is jerry were tqlking about and he loves WRs.
  15. supercowboy8

5,636 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    It's in the new CBA, only one player can be made the a June 1st veteran cut. That was why Newman was the only player we coild do that too last year.
  16. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    the only reason you would cut Austin is if you could get a high pick for him. Then I could see it. It not like we couldnt just sign Robinson as a free agent and keep austin. Miles Austin is getting paid to be the number one and he hasnt lived up to the bill. Dez is our number one Autin our number two. Ive got no real problem with Austin outside the fact that he is hurt all the time. Its the Kim Kardasian Curse. She the career killer of athletes. ;)
  17. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,572 Messages
    1,713 Likes Received
    Uhh...what?
  18. kelc

kelc Member

122 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Why cut Austin.so we have more holes to fill.We need OL help BIG time.Some of the fans here wanting to cut Austin remind me of the time when Buddy Ryan cut Chris Carter or when the Cardinals cut Jay Novacek brilliant moves they turned out to be.As far as Harris and Beasley go your fooling yourself s if you think these guys are big time players after 1 game come on.Remember Ogletree after one game.These guys are projects at best.
  19. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Why use correct grammar, spacing, and capitalization?
  20. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Clearly you understood his point.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps I missed the capatalization mistake...