1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Car negotiating tips?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,872 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Nice, looks really clean.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,454 Messages
    2,309 Likes Received
    It really is a clean looking car. There's some minor damage to the floor upholstery, and the steering column looks a little worn, but overall, I think I'm getting a great deal.
  3. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

666 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    How much did you pay for this if you don't mind?

I have a 2008 Honda Accord and I am planning on selling it and getting a 2013 Honda Accord.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,980 Messages
    1,867 Likes Received
    Shudda got a truck.

:D

Looks like a good car WG.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,454 Messages
    2,309 Likes Received
    It's a salvage title, so it's definitely under standard blue book value. I'll PM you the number.

I have a truck, a trailblazer. ;)

My other Honda was my 2nd car so I could have a vehicle with better gas mileage. Once I got it, I barely drove my truck except for weekends. Only saw the highway once, too. I'm getting this car for the same reason as I got the other car. Gas mileage, tho I'm not sure if it'll be as good as my old Honda since this is a 4-cylinder vs the 6-cylinder I had in my old coupe. Either way, it'll still be better than my truck, so I still come out ahead.
  6. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    That is not true in todays market of buying/selling cars. Some manufactures have profit in their cars and some do not. I stare at invoices all day long for instance on a Honda Fit there is about 600 difference between MSRP and Invoice.
  7. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

22,677 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    Yah sure.

He was dumb.
    Maybe he was smart?

Oh boy...
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

14,932 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    Hardly

Noone gets as much off sticker on an import like some here think (although online, everyone is taller, a better athlete, better at,,,, and a harder negotiator).

Of course those of you who claim to get 10% off sticker, probably don't realize your dealership might have raised the sticker price to cover the slack.

Furthermore, everyone prices their car online now at the automaker websites so I knew the MSRP before I went in and they told me, it was exactly the same.
  9. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    I have found that the MSRP online is always less than it is on the invoice or the Moroney sticker. Reason being is the MSRP online doesn't usually include trasportation fees and advertising fees. So when the dealer orders the car the manufacturer will calculate those numbers and go ahead and send out the invoice and Moroney sticker. However the dealer can do a side MSRP if they add other options to the car to increase the profit, but they have to put what they added to the car. Long gone or those days over being able to sell way over MSRP like chrysler did the with PT cruiser.