1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carl Nicks on returning to Saints: "In my mind, I pretty much am gone"

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 9, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Evan Silva‏@evansilvaReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    · Open

Free agent G Carl Nicks on possibility of returning to #Saints: "In my mind, I pretty much am gone, to be honest": http://bit.ly/xHpu4R
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,799 Messages
    7,160 Likes Received
    I'd love to have him. I just don't want to pay the mega deal it's going to take to get him. I'd rather sign a mid level G and draft the next Nicks.
  3. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Exactly. I would hate for Dallas to sign him to some 10mill/year offer. Let's just get Decastro and go sign a a cheaper FA option at guard. Notice I said cheaper, not pedestrian. :)
  4. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

934 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I'm on the DeCastro bandwagon. Blue chipper that might actually be available at 14 because his position is under-valued.
  5. Risen Star

20,799 Messages
    7,160 Likes Received
    Yeah, sign a definite upgrade but just not the huge splash with Nicks. Tyron's a star in the making. We can draft another one of those this year and have two serious building blocks for the future.
  6. Risen Star

20,799 Messages
    7,160 Likes Received
    For once I feel like we're actually in prime position in the draft order for value to match need.

And if the Cowboys have similar grades on DeCastro and Glenn, maybe they can even trade down a tad and pick up an extra pick or two. If Tannehill doesn't go top 10 or if somehow Trent Richardson slides because he's a RB, our spot may be coveted.
  7. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I am thinking that, with bengals having 2 number 1's, we might be able to trade down, get another pick or 2 from them if trent richardson is still there, if we can come away with Glenn who is a monster at OG, if bengals do indeed want richardson who might fall due to his knee surgery.

If its true jets want him to, we might get best scenario draft picks for trading down, if bengals want richardson too.

we need at least a OG, C, WR is we lose robinson, DE, LB backup, CB and S. Now a TE too with bennett leaving.

I dont know how we could do it, but if we can get Carr CB, Nicks OG, and Mario Williams at OLB/DE would be a monster pickup for us.

And really turn our team around i think.
  8. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.cowboysnation.com/2012/03/nicks-in-my-mind-i-pretty-much-am-gone.html
    Posted by Rafael at Friday, March 09, 2012

Carl Nicks
    A disappointed Carl Nicks told WWL radio today that he expects to find a new team when the NFL's free agnet period opens on Monday.

"I thought I meant more to the team," said Nicks, who speculated that the Saints would draft a young guard to replace him.

Nicks reiterated his goal of being the highest paid guard in the NFL. "I don't want to sound cocky, but I busted my butt for four years... for my first three years I was the lowest paid of all the starting guards in the NFL."
  9. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope the Cowboys do sign Carl Nicks. I want the Cowboys to have a dominant offensive line. Tyron Smith will be starting his first year at LT, and he is only 21. Nicks would be a stabilizing force inside, and he would give Dallas two blue-chip offensive linemen. Nicks gives the Cowboys two pieces of the Jets (model) puzzle. The Cowboys have the skill players on offense to win big, but their interior offensive line is slated to be atrocious. Nicks is the safest big ticket item on the market, and Nicks is a perfect fit in Dallas.

I want them to sign Nicks and draft Cordy Glenn.

If the Saints are out, I've heard these three teams according to CSS:

Dallas
    San Diego
    San Francisco
  10. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I disagree, the O line is what i do want them to spend serious cash on for proven great players.....im tired of drafting bum lineman every year....Tony needs protection NOW....sick of every season ending with him getting beat to death.....nothing more important than a dominate O line

Tyron--Free- Nicks= dominate....and i would still wanna draft Decastro as well
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,517 Messages
    5,245 Likes Received
    I'd love the player. I have a reflexive aversion to players who go into FA with a public expectation of setting the market for their position.
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,453 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    didn't you just post the exact same thread with the same title?
  13. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Translation: "I've been bountie'd". :laugh2:
  14. remdak

remdak Active Member

225 Messages
    106 Likes Received
  15. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,558 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Gimme someone who I know is an all-pro and is guaranteed going to be available. I'd rather not wait and see how DeCastro turns out.
  16. Hussein

Hussein Member

131 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No time to be cute. Sign Nicks if he's available and draft BPA. We have too many holes to get stuck on drafting any one player.
  17. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

lil' dan is hot on the trail: when was the last time jerrah outbid him for a FA? We arent' signing Nicks man: he'll be in DC by the end of the first day of FA
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,305 Messages
    3,612 Likes Received
    1. Sign Nicks
    2. Trade down
    3. Draft Glenn
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    the only reason Glenn is a 1st rd pick is his potential to play RT. As regards guards Decastro is in a class by himself. No way the Boys consider them close to equal in value UNLESS they are worried about Free and want insurance
  20. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,550 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    romo would pick apart teams with a good offensive line. im tired of tony having to play houdini every other play to stay alive. he's made this teams lines look better than they are for years.