1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carl Poston Suspended for 2 years. Couldn't happen to a better agent. LOL

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Cbz40, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

NFLPA SUSPENDS CARL POSTON

Liz Mullen of SportsBusiness Journal reports that the NFLPA Committee on Agent Regulation and Discipline has voted to suspend agent Carl Poston for two years.

The suspension arises from Poston's negotiation of LaVar Arrington's December 2003 contract extension with the Redskins. After the deal was done, Poston claimed that the Redskins had failed to include in the final version of the contract a $6.5 million roster bonus payable in 2006, which would have resulted in two 2006 $6.5 million roster bonuses in the contract. In support of the allegation that the 'Skins had hoodwinked Arrington and his agent, Poston admitted that the didn't read the contract before it was signed. The grievance filed on Arrington's behalf later was resolved in a manner that resulted in no payment or promise of payment to Arrington.

Poston can appeal the suspension to an arbitrator.

The irony is that Arrington was cut before either bonus would have come due. And the far bigger disservice, in our opinion, to Arrington was the failure of Poston to determine the market value of Arrington before allowing him to waive $4.4 million in deferred signing bonus money in order to secure his freedom, and in permitting him to turn down the opportunity to convert the $6.5 million roster bonus into a guaranteed payment. In more than a week since Arrington bought his release from the 'Skins by giving up the deferred bonus money, Arrington has made two visits and has received no offers.
  2. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

862 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    BP and JJ are on the beach reading this rite now and toasting each other. haha :laugh2:
  3. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I can smell another "Bang" cartoon coming.:laugh2:
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,700 Likes Received
    Tell me why anyone would want this idiot as his agent?
    Glad to see him get slapped down. Now they need to get the other one as well.
  5. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,138 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    LOL.

Who says bad things don't happen to good people?
  6. Way 'nuff

Way 'nuff New Member

322 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ahhh, everyone wins when a Poston loses!
  7. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
  8. face

face New Member

4 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hey avery your sig is a little wrong don't you think?maybe i could get one with aikman on the ground after arrington stopped his career with that big hit
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    So does Arrington and Julian Peterson have to get new agents? or does Poston's brother take over?
  10. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    "I ain't going nowhere 'till I get a happy ending!"

(from Bang! cartoons)
  11. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,404 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    The big knock on Arrington is that he freelances too much and doesnt play within the scheme, doesnt like a good fit for a BP led team.
  12. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Arrington's agent suspended for two yearsESPN.com news services

Carl Poston, the agent for ex-Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington, was suspended for two years Wednesday by the NFL Players Association's Committee on Agent Regulation & Discipline, the SportsBusiness Journal reported.

The suspension stems from violations over Arrington's contract negotiations at the end of the 2003 season. Arrington claims the Redskins orally agreed to a $6.5 million bonus, a bonus that was subsequently left out of the former Penn State star's contract.

Poston will be able to appeal the suspension.

In August, Arrington and the team cam to a settlement over the bonus, but terms favored the Redskins, who agreed only to a deal that would make Arrington a free agent or net him a $3.25 million bonus if he made the Pro Bowl in two of the next four seasons. He did not make the Pro Bowl this season.

In January, the NFLPA filed a formal complaint seeking disciplinary action against Poston for "neglect."

Poston's suspension was announced at the players' union's annual meeting in Maui.

EDIT I jusy noticed this was a repost sorry.
  13. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that is freakin awesome. Both of the Postons should be banned for life.
  14. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  15. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,264 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    Seriously...Carl Poston likes

[IMG]

and is a

[IMG]

and I am offcially :beer2:
  16. vicjagger

vicjagger Well-Known Member

2,140 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    :cry3:
  17. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    guess Potson will read the next deal huh?