1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Carlos Martinez

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyeric8, Aug 21, 2005.

1. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,322 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Carlos Martinez, I think thats his name, the Dallas Desperados kicker. I watched the Desperados and he was sometimes kicking it over the nets, he has a strong leg, and if I remeber correctly he hit like a 58 yarder in between those small goal posts. But anyway I just figure if it doesn't hurt, give the kid a shot.
  2. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I beleive every other NFL team would have to pass on him before we could sign him or something.
  3. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received

You believe correctly.
  4. followthestar

followthestar Well-Known Member

2,085 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    have no fear there'll be aline of prospects coming thru the Ranch, and isn't the PUP good for 6 weeks? wouldn't they put Cundiff on as PUP, rather than let him go?
  5. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Yeah, but that is low risk. Most teams are set at Kicker.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

83,307 Messages
    6,583 Likes Received
    There are some kickers out there currently on rosters that there is no way they will unseat the incumbent. For example Mike Vanderjagt of the Colts is not competing for his job aginst rookie Dave Rayner. Many of these kickers in Rayner position are trying to make a name for themselfs so they can hook up with teams where the kicker spot looks iffy
  7. bula

bula Member

178 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Doesn't Indianapolis still have 2 kickers .. Vanderjagt and Gramatica? Martin Gramatica had an off year last year in Tampa but would be a great pickup if the Boys could trade for him (very high conditional pick) or nab him at the cut deadline. He's experienced and when he's on, he's automatic from 50 yards in. Only issue with him, kickoff distance. But in a dome, that should be ok.

Something to consider.
  8. Doomsday101

83,307 Messages
    6,583 Likes Received
    According to their depth cart it is rookie Dave Rayner
  9. Dayton Cowboy

Dayton Cowboy Active Member

1,847 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. Doomsday101

83,307 Messages
    6,583 Likes Received
  11. Dayton Cowboy

Dayton Cowboy Active Member

1,847 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thanks Doomsday..

so much for that idea.. From everything that I have read, I just do not want to have Jose Cortez as our kicker..

I wonder if McBriar has been working on kicking off at all?
  12. Doomsday101

83,307 Messages
    6,583 Likes Received
    As I said in another post there are kickers who are currently on roster who basically auditioning for other teams around the league because they really stand no chance at replacing the incumbent kicker. I think there will be some other option the Cowboys can look at before the reg season begins.
  13. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,240 Messages
    2,262 Likes Received
    Problem with arena football is there is all the time in the world to kick the ball, and you are on turf w/ no wind. Granted Texas stadium isn't windy, but a game in NY against the Giants in December would be slightly different than playing the Dragons...