1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carmelo

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Aug 16, 2010.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,928 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    So it begins......
  2. Christiann

Christiann Active Member

534 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Stoudemire, Carmelo, and Tony Parker in NY within the next 2 years..the east is stacked.
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

11,928 Messages
    100 Likes Received

I think Carmelo wants to go the Knicks too.

And he can force his way too. Make it known that he wont sign an extension w/ anybody else. So you could trade assets for him if you want, but itll be a waste.

Therefore the Knicks dont need to get into a bidding war they would lose w/ a lot of teams
  4. Christiann

Christiann Active Member

534 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    I think he will aswell, I can see Melo looking at no other offers than NY, next years free agency will be big aswell.
  5. Little_Roloff

Little_Roloff New Member

15 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All signs seem to point that way don't they. It's too bad for a team like Denver who will see a fall similar to what the Cavs will see in two months. Not only in wins but also revenue.

That said, I'm all for having a strong NY basketball team to go against the Heat and Lakers.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,020 Messages
    5,049 Likes Received
    The one big thing I don't like about the NBA is the way players can force themselves off a team. Unfortunately I think we will only see this more and more.
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,503 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    Especially with a player like Melo who only has a year left and said he wants out. The Nuggets can certainly keep him this season, but both sides know that he can walk without any compensation at the end of the year.

Bad situation for the Nuggets because they have actually been trying hard to build a championship team there.
  8. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Not just NBA...look at Jay Cutler and Revis.
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    How is he forcing himself off the team? He will be a free agent after next season. Are you against free agency?
  10. Joe Rod

8,503 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    The talk is centered around Anthony being moved this season under his current deal. All the Free Agent movement has made some of the other high profile players (Chris Paul and Carmello) want to move on to greener pastures as well even though they are still under contract.

11. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,267 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    The NBA doesn't realize how much damage they are allowing the players to do to the league by doing what they are doing. It is an already damaged league at that.

The NBA is going to collapse financially. The "have-nots" won't draw fans and the 4-6 "have" teams won't be able to support the rest of the league. They also won't be able to afford the ever rising salaries of these players.

IMO when the NBA does die, it will be good riddance to a league that is ran very bush league.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,150 Messages
    1,119 Likes Received
    How is he forcing his way off a team if his contract is expiring?

How come no one was complaining about ruining the league when Garnett, Allen and Pierce teamed up?

I'd love to hear the rule you guys would like to put in place to stop players from choosing where they want to go after their contracts are up.
  13. Joe Rod

8,503 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    Rick Bucher reported he wants out before the start of this season. He has a year left on his contract. Not trying to force his way out would be Carmello playing his last season and walking at the end of it, at which point it is within his rights to do so.

I will let someone else answer the Garnett/Allen complaints because I haven't said anything about them or the Lebron/Bosh thing. Heck, I don't really care about Melo leaving next offseason.

Considering that the owners want radical changes to the current system, it is difficult to say what could/should be done about player movement (if anything), but Big Dogs response isn't really about players going places after their contracts expire, it is about them trying to force themselves out while still under contract.
  14. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    CP3 and Melo in NYK unis next year.
  15. Sam I Am

31,267 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    CP3 has two years left on his deal. I don't think the Knicks have enough trade value to get CP3, so I'm gonna go with a big fat no on that one. The Magic and Mavs have way way more to offer than the Knicks in trade. The Knicks pretty much only have Gallinari. If the Hornets make a trade with Chris Paul, they are going to pile on Emeka Okafor in that trade too.
  16. MarionBarberThe4th

11,928 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    If Melo walks the Nuggets get nothing

If he lets the Nuggets know he intends to walk they can work out a deal and get some nice assets from the Knicks, Houston, Portland, Brooklyn, and maybe the Magic
  17. Sam I Am

31,267 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Knicks have nothig to trade except Gallinari. I think that would be a terrible trade for both parties considering.
  18. MarionBarberThe4th

11,928 Messages
    100 Likes Received

Believe me, I know.

But if Melo lets it be known that he wants the Knicks then the Nuggets can get assets for a player they will lose to the Knicks in FA anyway.

The Knicks cant even give them picks until 2014 but Gallinari, Chandler, Randolph, cash, and picks is better than nothing.

Unless Melo would be willing to sign an extension elsewhere then the other teams can obviously beat the Knicks offer
  19. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't count out the Warriors as a possible landing spot.

They have a really young core over there with a new very wealthy owner.

Monta,Wright and multiple firsts will demolish anything the Knicks offer.
  20. MarionBarberThe4th

11,928 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    If that happened then the Knicks would just have to wait until the summer to get Melo b/c no way in hell he re-signs w/ the Warriors

And the Nets have the Warriors 1st next year