1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carolina fires GM Marty Hurney

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 22, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,293 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
  2. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  3. WoodysGirl

64,293 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    Have to say I really don't get the firing of GM Marty Hurney at this time. I understand they've been disappointing but timing to me is odd

Hurney isn't responsible for all the weekly drama w Cam

I totally get firing a GM after the season not sure I get it during the year

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL
    I'd probably fire a guy that gave over $43M guaranteed to 2 RBs that my team doesn't even use, too

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
    Marty Hurney getting knocked 4 paying so much $$ for RBs. Coaches deserves blame for not using them properly. Moves weren't made in vacuum

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Again, Hurney timing is unusual ... But results are results -- 9-29 since start of '10; Last winning season: 2008; Last playoff win: 2005.
  4. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Member

920 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Well didn't he give the RB that huge contract when they could of used that money to help their D?

Edit: Just got my answer above
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was stupid to give 2 RB that type of dollars in today's NFL you give a top flight guy some money but they need to be extra special and you fill in with solid capable backups
  6. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Member

920 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Well one of them they had to keep because he was good (think it was Stewart). There was the other RB that got hurt for the year if I'm not mistaken and they still gave him a new contract while getting Tolbert from the Chargers.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,125 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received
    After Cam Newton threw the playcaller under the bus yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if more changes weren't in the offing. He "sweethearted" a reporter, too, so I'm sure he getting dogpiled for being sexist today as well.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,629 Messages
    2,641 Likes Received
    Wait for it...:D
  9. WoodysGirl

64,293 Messages
    3,167 Likes Received
  10. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,291 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Any player who speaks up in the NFL is labeled a troublemaker. The truth is, in this case, there's a very good possibility that Cam is right.
  11. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,948 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Any NFL quarterback that offers up the solution of a suggestion box for his teams struggles can't be taken seriously.

Perhaps Cam needs to spend a moment or two looking in the mirror and ask what he could do better. Perhaps not throwing a red zone interception. Or annoying his teammates by sulking and celebrating while down 23-0 to the Giants.
  12. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,168 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    The guy who spent billion dollars this off season on RBs that they really dont use got fired? What a crazy world we live in. :)
  13. S.B. Bound

S.B. Bound Member

223 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Really!??! Thats all U needed, was an excuse to start blasting Cam... Smh, there have been 30 X's worse comments made by QB's after a loss during a PC.
  14. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    Just heard it on Mike & Mike while I was in the car.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,791 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    Bad owner, bad organization.
  16. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,264 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    So was this guy a 'real gm' or not a real gm, I gotta keep these things straight.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,797 Messages
    1,600 Likes Received
    There is a thread.

Didn't see one so threw one in the NFL zone.
  18. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Obviously not because he got fired and he's not the owner :D
  19. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Formerly joshjwc9 Zone Supporter

1,590 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I would have traded one of the RB's and used the money and draft picks on that defense. Granted they are older, but think of the Bengals with a Jonathan Stewart or a NYJ with DeAngelo Williams..those teams would be pretty darn good and only give up a middle rounder or two.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,647 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    Why are they a bad organization?
    They are always near the top in attendance--or at least in the top 6-8 teams.
    They even make the playoffs every 3-4 years and even win a game or two.
    What's so bad about them?

I agree that they really screwed up with how they handled the RBs--both drafting and paying them--but the overall organization is not bad.