1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Carpenter sucks... why did we get rid of boiman/shanle?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by StarAmongStars, Sep 12, 2006.

1. StarAmongStars

StarAmongStars New Member

509 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seriously both are much better than this wasted 1st round pick...I knew we should have got an olineman in the 1st round. Carpenter not even dressing for the first game....please try and defend this clown! Not even good enough to play ahead of an undrafted free agent or washed up vertearn either??? What a waste!

Kudos to our scouting department on yet another great day one draft pick!:laugh1: :lmao:
  2. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Unrealistic and impatient - but I guess that's the norm for many fans.

Sitting out in favor of a more experienced guy just isn't the end of the world.

If he sits out all year, or sits out next year, then I'll be ranting with you.

But this is one game, and one game does not make a season, much less a career.

As to why they kept Carpenter over the other guys - the word "upside" comes to mind.
  3. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,911 Messages
    22 Likes Received
  4. Bone

Bone Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think it is fair to call Carpenter a bust yet. That being said I would have much rather seen us pick up OL with our 1, 2nd or 4th round picks.
    The season is a long one and all rookies struggle. I am sure we will see him on the field soon.

Bone
    out.
  5. canters

canters Active Member

1,788 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    He does not suck...He will play as the year goes along. He will be a fine LB, if not a pro bowler.

A bunch of rookies league wide were inactive this past week.

For example,,the Eagles did not start Bunkley,,,Justice and Giles were inactive.

Carp will be OK,,,Still wish we picked Lawson though.
  6. DipChit

DipChit New Member

1,594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually he's a total stud but because we're stacked on D we're just hiding him til the stretch run when we'll then unleash the beast of the east to catch teams off guard. ;)
  7. BARRYRAY

BARRYRAY Active Member

1,229 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I won't bury him yet but honestly he's starting to smell like our o-line picks, I mean we get all this rah-rah stuff before the draft about his great blood lines and how greta he was and he can't even make the game day roster, I mean we have so many o-line holes a tackle is looking real good her in the rear view mirror...
  8. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Why did we get rid of euthanasia?
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,708 Messages
    1,914 Likes Received
    I swear every message board in the world regardless of what kind of message board it is has these kind of people.

They should do a study on guys like this.

Parcells set the most accurate kicker in NFL history for a guy who could kick off.

You think he wouldn't bring a guy to the game who was better on special teams but not necesarily better at LB?
  10. StarAmongStars

509 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Manny Lawson is a freak of nature.....he was on my board all along. Too bad Jerrah didn't hire me instead or we'd have a beast on our defense right now.

Carpenter just don't have it, another college legend that isn't cut out for the nfl.
  11. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,466 Messages
    926 Likes Received
    StarAmongStars sucks...why did we get rid of Nors/The Answer?
  12. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    6 solo tackles into the season, Lawson is a beast.

Rueing.......rueing.....
  13. StarAmongStars

509 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Anybody who scouted this kid knows he's a monster, defensive rookie of the year in the making...and did you watch Shawn Merriman last night? Yet another beast among men that we could have taken:bang2: :banghead:
  14. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Get over it.
  15. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Waiting to be "wowed".....
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,744 Messages
    2,420 Likes Received
    Premature evaluation shows itself again.
  17. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I think there are excercises you can do for that.

Or something.
  18. icyhot

icyhot Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wasn't he inactive too as well? I think I remember a post about him being inactive.
  19. canters

canters Active Member

1,788 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Lawson had 6 tackles. Not that this means anything after one game. The 49ers are a BAD team and Carp would be playing if he was there.
  20. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,886 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    so will you eat crow next year? or you will play like a camelion and change colors.